DevOps Engineer: DNS Expert
A BIT ABOUT YOU
We want you to smash your time with us, that’s why we want someone like this:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant area (Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems, or any related study area), not mandatory with sufficient experience.
- Fluency in English
- At least 2 years of experience in DNS administration and management.
- Strong knowledge of DNS protocols, including BIND, DNS-over-TLS and DNSSEC.
- Experience with PowerDNS
- Experience with DNS analytics and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to write scripts in languages such as Python or Bash.
- Knowledge of network security concepts and firewall configurations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Clear understanding of the following technologies is important:
Bonus to have:
- Practical experience with Hyperscaler’s Container services implementations (AKS, GKS…)
- Operational experience
- OpenStack, and OpenStack services like Octavia or Cinder
- CCNA or equivalent certification
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- You are a motivated and talented DNS Expert
- You are a self-starter who takes pride in job ownership and creates ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- You have a proactive, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can’t help but fix it
- You have an urge for delivering quickly and iterating fast
- You are experienced in contributing to a self-organizing and collaborative team environment
- You have mentored, coached, and grown team members to bring out the best in them
- You have a passion for automation and working efficiently
- Experience working in DevOps mode and agile/scrum (sprints)
-DEV: Develop and maintain a codebase of the DNSaaS platforms
-OPS: Maintain and operate existing infrastructure and address improvements to DEV
- Design, implement and maintain DNS infrastructure, including authoritative and recursive servers, and any related services.
- Monitor DNS performance and resolve any issues that arise in a timely manner.
- Analyse DNS data and provide recommendations for improving the efficiency and reliability of the system.
- Provide technical support for internal and external customers on all DNS-related matters.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure seamless integration of DNS services with other network components.
- Stay up-to-date with new DNS technologies and assess their potential impact on the organization.
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF THIS?
Good Question! Finally, the part you are really interested in:
- Value-oriented innovation culture combined with unique resources and capabilities
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
WHO ARE WE?
An environment with people like you, who contribute fresh ideas, different points of view, who accept challenges and are continuously learning, to grow and impact society... All this, without forgetting to have fun along the way! Deutsche Telekom is one of the world’s leading integrated telecommunications companies, with some 242 million mobile customers, 27 million fixed-network lines, and 22 million broadband lines.
We are a trusted companion in an increasingly complex digital world – at home and at work, anyplace, anytime. We take a long-term commitment when it comes to our employees. You will develop your career working in one or more innovation projects of Deutsche Telekom Group, exploring the latest trends and technologies which enable the product development process. You will grow your knowledge, and also your network, by interacting with a wide group of experts in areas such as Cloud, Software Development, Automation and cutting-edge Telco services.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) will process your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, information obtained during the online assessment, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group. You can find the information about entities belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group on the following link. [LP1] : Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Business Services S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. If you participate in online assessment, your personal data may be transferred also to the USA to HireVue Inc., 10876 S River Front Pkwy Ste 600 South Jordan, Utah 84095, United States, and so based on EU standard contractual clauses and additional safeguards.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Depending on the location, where the position for which you apply is open, your data will be processed by the respective local Cloud Services entity as a controller. The respective Cloud Services entity is one of the following entities:
- For positions in Greece: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services EE, having its seat at Fragkoklisias str. 9, 15125 Marousi of Attica, Athens, Greece
- For positions in Romania: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services S.R.L. having its seat at B-dul. Dimitrie Pompei nr. 9-9A, Iride Business Park Cladirea 20, Floor 3, Sector 2, Bucharest, Romania
- For positions in Croatia: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services d.o.o. having its seat at Radnicka cesta 21, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
- For positions in Hungary: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services Kft. having its seat at 1117 Budapest, Infopark sétány 3, Hungary
- For positions in Poland Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services Sp. z o.o. having its seat at ul. Marynarska 12, 02-674 Warsaw, Poland.
All other information about processing of your data provided above apply regardless of Cloud Services entity as controller.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is:
- Slovakia: email@example.com.
- Greece: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Romania: email@example.com
- Croatia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hungary: email@example.com
- Poland: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is: email@example.com. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.