DevOps Engineer for BGCF
This position is open in the following countries:
Tasks and responsibilities:
As a DevOps Engineer, you will develop advanced technical solutions for the expansion and operation of the cloudified BGCF node (Border Gateway Control Function) With the focus on the BGCF:
- You support complex projects in development, quality assurance and planning as well as implementation of product releases
- You will design further automations of services, processes and/or operating models, performing performance analyzes and tuning as well as error analyzes and corrections
- You build automation of deployments in all environments
- You live the DevOps Approach: As your main task you engineer the node (dev) and you maintain and help in case of incidents (Ops)
- You participate in an on call duty rota system
- You manage complex projects
You have a degree Bachelor of Science or comparable degree and several years of professional experience in the field of IT system engineering.
- Knowledge in at least three of these technologies: OpenStack Virtualisation, Software Rollout with CI/CD, Ansible, Python and Linux (Bash)
- Experience in the system engineering of an IMS node, ideally Boarder Gateway Control Function BGCF or interconnection Gateway Function iBCF plus Media Resource Function MRF
- Knowledge in IMS, SIP, RTP, DIAMETER
- You have the initiative, the motivation and the drive to do things right and to meet our customers’ expectations
- Highly collaborative team player in a international team
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Efficient communication, communication with 3rd parties
- Knowledge of agile ways of working
- Detailed knowledge of the market, technology and competitive environment in the information technology and telecommunications industry, including digital transformation
- At least 4 years of experience in IT project management
- English language - fluent
- German speaking and writing on B1 level
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
The Digital Society. Not possible without us. Our employees provide you with the best network. With a reliable and secure infrastructure. The basis for tomorrow's innovations. We have the best prospects for the digital future. For you right from the start.
The company Deutsche Telekom Technik GmbH is a 100 percent subsidiary of Telekom Deutschland GmbH and provides the nationwide technical infrastructure of the group. Around 19,000 employees at DT Technik plan, design, build and operate the facilities and systems of the technical infrastructure nationwide on behalf of Telekom Deutschland GmbH. The company implements network projects, operates the network technology and, if necessary, takes over the maintenance of the technical infrastructure.
The Tribe Voice & Messaging bears overall responsibility for the design, development, planning, validation and operation of all voice and messaging platforms in DT Technik's fixed and mobile network over their entire lifecycle.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) will process your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, information obtained during the online assessment, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group. You can find the information about entities belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group on the following link.[LP1] : Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Business Services S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. If you participate in online assessment, your personal data may be transferred also to the USA to HireVue Inc., 10876 S River Front Pkwy Ste 600 South Jordan, Utah 84095, United States, and so based on EU standard contractual clauses and additional safeguards.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Depending on the location, where the position for which you apply is open, your data will be processed by the respective local Cloud Services entity as a controller. The respective Cloud Services entity is one of the following entities:
- For positions in Greece: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services EE, having its seat at Fragkoklisias str. 9, 15125 Marousi of Attica, Athens, Greece
- For positions in Romania: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services S.R.L. having its seat at B-dul. Dimitrie Pompei nr. 9-9A, Iride Business Park Cladirea 20, Floor 3, Sector 2, Bucharest, Romania
- For positions in Croatia: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services d.o.o. having its seat at Radnicka cesta 21, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
- For positions in Hungary: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services Kft. having its seat at 1117 Budapest, Infopark sétány 3, Hungary
- For positions in Poland Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services Sp. z o.o. having its seat at ul. Marynarska 12, 02-674 Warsaw, Poland.
All other information about processing of your data provided above apply regardless of Cloud Services entity as controller.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is:
- Slovakia: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Greece: email@example.com Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Romania: firstname.lastname@example.org Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Croatia: email@example.com Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Hungary: firstname.lastname@example.org Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Poland: email@example.com Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.