DevOps Engineer: Openstack Platform
A BIT ABOUT YOU
We want you to smash your time with us, that’s why we want someone like this:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant area (not mandatory) like Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems, or any related study area.
- Fluency in English
- You have more than 1 or 2 years of experience in the field.
You can tick off several the following boxes with the knowledge you possess:
o OpenStack administration
o Linux system administration (Ubuntu, centos)
o KVM Virtualization / libvirt
o Pipeline management (CI/CD) and Infrastructure as Code delivery, operations and troubleshooting
o Understanding of DC networking - Baremetal (x86 servers) operations and maintenance (leading of RMA, 2nd level support)
o DevOps tools and scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ansible, SQL knowledge, Git)
o Some of private/public cloud knowledge (OpenStack based, AWS, Azure, GCP)
o Object storage based on CEPH as storage solution
o SDN (OVS, OVN)
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
Or how to become the Chewbacca to your team’s Han Solo:
· You are a self-starter who takes pride in job ownership and creates ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness
· You have a proactive, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
· You have an urge for delivering quickly and iterating fast
· You are experienced in contributing to a self-organizing and collaborative team environment
· You have mentored, coached, and grown team members to bring out the best in them
· You have a passion for automation and working efficiently
· Ability to work in DevOps mode and agile/scrum (sprints)
· Online collaboration - full remote, and be part multinational team which is located in: Romania, Hungary, Greece, Croatia, Poland, Slovakia, Spain & Czech Republic
· Delivery of private cloud platform across multiple Deutsche Telekom locations that power DT Compute Cloud using technologies like OpenStack, CEPH and Kubernetes
· Contribute to Site Reliability Engineering through the automation of operational tasks as well as through creating of other enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the cloud
· Participate in an on-call rotation (for stand-by operations)
· Documentation of everyday activities in a thorough way to enable elimination of human intervention through the automation in operations
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF THIS?
Good Question! Finally, the part you are really interested in:
· Value-oriented innovation culture combined with unique resources and capabilities
· Diverse team with continuous top rates on employee satisfaction
· International collaboration with top domain experts and inspiring leaders
· Influence on the digitalization journey of millions of customers in ground-breaking exponential age
· Collaborate on research and suggest/ develop solution prototypes to demonstrate suitability and interoperability of chosen components, write high-quality and efficient code
· Contribute to a collaborative culture of ongoing guidance and coaching for the team members
· Be part of an independent self-managed team working with Agile, SCRUM, DevOps, CICD & SRE
· Contribute to opensource projects
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
WHO WE ARE
Here you will find groundbreaking projects that contribute to social and ecological well-being. An environment with people like you, who contribute fresh ideas, different points of view, who accept challenges and are continuously learning, to grow and impact society... All this, without forgetting to have fun along the way!
Deutsche Telekom is one of the world's leading integrated telecommunications companies, with some 242 million mobile customers, 27 million fixed-network lines, and 22 million broadband lines.
We are a trusted companion in an increasingly complex digital world – at home and at work, anyplace, anytime.
We take a long-term commitment when it comes to our employees. You will develop your career working in one or more innovation projects of Deutsche Telekom Group, exploring the latest trends and technologies which enable the product development process. You will grow not only your knowledge, but also your network, by interacting with a wide group of experts in areas such as Software Development, Automation and cutting edge Telco services.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Greece EPE. with its registered seat at 9 Fragkokklisias street, 15125, Amarousion, Attica, Greece, ID no. 134112901000 / 300378 (the “Company”) will process, as a controller, your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group:
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava Bratislava, Slovak Repulic, Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Services Europe Romania S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.