DevOps & Site Reliability Engineer
Key Performance Indicators / Key responsibilities and deliverables:
- Development and operations of components for telco applications in DT's data centers
- Provide and manage the lifecycle of physical infrastructure or virtualized resources, hosted within the data centers
- Design and operations support (2nd line) for one of the following focus areas: CI/CD Infrastructure, SRE Infrastructure and supporting tools
- Budget responsibility: No
Detailed job description, responsibilities:
- Capacity management for provided resources, like networking, RAM, CPU, Storage, etc. (based on Contract Manager's over-all monitoring of load of HW-resources)
- Accountable for the set-up, management and support of the DevOps tools and virtualization functionality (that means e.g. monitoring, enable 1st line operations and execute 2nd level incident management, as well as problem, change-management, terminate and retire old tools, ...)
- Tool Examples: CI/CD Platforms and tools, monitoring and metrics tools (e.g. for alarming, load, performance and observability)
- Monitoring/tracking performance of systems, dimenstioning, and capacity planning with respect for future needs
- Responsible for preparation and administration of the techn. documentation
- University degree in Technical area (Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems or related field)
Professional knowledge, skills, know-how in the field & experience in the field:
- More than 3 years experience in area of data center infrastructure and virtualization technologies with focus on one of the following knowledge areas IT hardware, networking hardware and SDN, Storage or CloudOS.
- English language - fluent (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
Interpersonal, communication skills:
- Main interfaces for the position: interbal PanNet employees, other PanNet companies, DT, external 3rd parties
- Excellent team player and motivator
Other soft skills, competences:
- Highly collaborative
- Flexibility to travel
- Efficient communication
Excellent understanding and practical experience in at least one of the following domains:
- Source Controls
- Continuous Integration
- Configuration Management
- Deployment Automation
- Application Orchestration
- Cloud Platforms: opensource or commercial platforms, e.g. OpenStack, VMWare, AWS
- Markup languages (e.g. Markdown or AsciiDoc)
Good general understanding system administration or development:
- Scripting languages: Python
- Programming languages: Go, Java
- Public/Private Cloud Platforms
- Application orchestration
- CI/CD processes and tools (e.g. Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Git, Ansible etc.)
- Knowledge of network hardware, TCP/IP, routing, switching, network security
- Candidates with relevant certification preferred, e.g. Linux Administrators or General Application Development.
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. designs, operates and steers the joint pan-European network ("Pan-Net") of Deutsche Telekom. The company is a member of the Deutsche Telekom Group with head quarter in Bratislava and locations in Europe. Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net is building the capabilities for Deutsche Telekom’s future centralized production platform across Europe.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) will process your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group: Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Business Services S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.