Head of Team (Open Telekom Cloud)
- Ensuring the fulfillment of the team’s expected service level
- Leading employees with various professional competencies
- Managing daily operational tasks
- Monitoring the execution of tasks, ensuring the appropriate workload / work distribution within the team
- Managing resources (work schedules, holidays, substitution plans)
- Transferring operational and other relevant business information towards the team
- Ensuring welfare of the team: enabling efficient team work and conflict handling
- Tracking the productivity and operational performance of the team, setting targets, executing corrective actions when needed
- Ensuring the efficient use of corporate assets; applying proper processes, methodologies and standards
- Taking the roles specified in Document Handling Policy or agreed elsewhere and the execution of the related tasks
- Willingness to travel (regularly 2-3 locations in Hungary and monthly/quarterly meetings in Germany, when not restricted by pandemic situation)
- Handling of occasional management processes (self-governance and responsibility)
- Performing work in international teams, in an integrated, virtual work environment
- Cost & capacity management
- Participating in the elaboration and realization of the business unit’s strategy and goals
- General knowledge of Public Cloud concepts
- College/university degree or relevant professional experience
- Fluent English knowledge (C1), German is an advantage
- General knowledge of business processes
- Experience in deployment and operation of services
- Problem solving skills
- People management and leadership skills
- Agilis mindset
- Ability to work in complex working environment
- Ability to motivate and instruct co-workers
- Self-dependence and responsibility
- Customer orientation,
- Team-player attitude
- Good communication skills
The Public Cloud Product Unit operates on a national and international level, for medium-sized and large companies. With the new Managed Services Public Cloud, we develop, market and operate agile, cloud-native, forward-looking products and services for the digital world. We see ourselves as innovation drivers and make our customers' business fit for the digital future. Our mission: To be successful in tomorrow, we need to think now about the day after tomorrow - and always together with our customers.
Open Telekom Cloud is the public cloud offering of T-Systems International with two large scale data centers in Germany and in the Netherlands. European companies and institutions usually choose OTC, because it is offering the highest security and the strictest data protection according to the GDPR from a German provider. We use open standards such as OpenStack enabling maximum flexibility and security for the future. No wonder that OTC has become a real alternative of hyperscalers in Europe, with ever increasing capacities and with doubling revenue year over year.
In the Open Telekom Cloud Operations, we have broken new ground and created an environment in which a completely new type of product based on open source community software is driven forward with the procedures and principles of a community approach. Lean structures, agile and innovative methods and procedures as well as an extremely innovation-driven environment determine our actions.
With this dynamic and agile orientation, we are the anchor point for the Public Cloud business area in the Deutsche Telekom Group.
We are measured by the delivery of innovative solutions from our platforms and we are consistently focused on this goal. Together with our platform partner and other partners from the OpenStack Ecosystem, we are working sustainably on the further development of the platform. Security and quality aspects are incorporated into the development right from the start in order to create a highly innovative and attractive public cloud product based on German and European security and data protection standards.
We are looking for you to join us and lead a team: people who are professionals and evangelists with a great deal of enthusiasm for technology and who will master this challenge together with us.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.