ICT Engineer (ACI LAN/ Loadbalancer)
We are looking for a new team player to join our company, working on a variety of network technologies to provide operational support for network infrastructure within T-Systems Data Centres. Maintain continuous service to customers by implementing requested changes and solving service failures and Incidents followed by a root cause analysis. If you are looking for a highly motivated agile Team which has the customer in Focus and an innovative mindset you are the right Person.
We can offer further development with training and knowledge sharing in future technologies. End 2 End view to the complete Network Layer including DC Network Switches. Firewalls, Loadbalacing, other technologies on the edge of the DC Network. Operation of the DC Network and our Loadbalancer Infrstructure are the core tasks in our Team. As we have a very tight day to day work with our Engineers you can participate (if you are interested) as well to projects in several areas like Automation, Testing of new Releases or developing of new Products for our Customer.
• Initiate actions to improve network and loadbalancer infrastructure if deficiency is identified
• Keep stable IT services by performing complex activities
• Prepare and plan changes with attention to thorough documentation of implementation plan - change management
• Investigate, resolve and document incidents in case of a service failure, with vendors if necessary - incident management
• Participate on a root cause analysis after incident resolution - problem management
• Proactively improve network infrastructure if deficiency is identified.
• Create and maintain technical documentation to support IT services
• Identify weaknesses in used processes and initiate actions to eliminate them by following industry and internal standards
• Deliver effective training plans and concepts for other employees
• Act as technical lead and coordinate activities across related technologies
• Assess actual performance of IT infrastructure against its predicted performance. Any deviations between the two should be understood and proactively remediated, with vendors if necessary
• Possibility of Teleworking or Home office
• Cafeteria - individual financial benefit
• Trainings and development opportunities (Coursera, Percipio full access for free)
• Pension savings contribution
• Extra vacation days
• Referral bonus /financial/
• Discounts at various providers in Košice
• Team buildings online
• Work-life Program and Coaching
• Health Weeks
• Sport Activities
• Weekend Events
• Doctors at workplace
• Credit card
• Rotations possibilities
For more information about benefits - https://www.deutschetelekomitsolutions.sk/en/career/advantages-of-working-in-T-systems
Final salary is negotiable.
We are offering base salary depending on seniority level and previous experience of candidate. In addition to base salary we provide variable part and other financial benefits. Base salary will not be lower than 1 150€- 1 500€/brutto.
• University degree – optional/advantage
• 4+ years networking experience
• knowledge on CCNP level along with CCNP certification
• Experience with CISCO, Juniper
• Experience with Cisco ACI
• Overview of NEXT-gen technologies SDWAN, ACI, SDN - advantage
Knowledge of :
• TCP/IP stack in general
• Datacenter based based network protocol (e.g. VLAN, VxLAN, STP, Ethernet. IP ect….)
• Dynamic routing protocols OSPF, , BGP, ISIS
• Cisco Nexus switches
• Juniper switches QFX Series
• Understanding of DC network architectures and designs
• Understanding of Cisco ACI Application Centric approach
• Understanding of Loadbalancing
• General understanding of HTTP/HTTPS requests and TLS encryption
• General understanding of DC Security like Firewalls, ACLs
Good to Know:
• Basic experience in scripting, development and automation using Bash, Python or Ansible– advantage
• Basic Knowledge with Unix (e.g. Linux)
Nice to Have – But not must:
• Experience with Citrix ADC
• CCA-AppDS certification
• English B2 - must
• German: advantage
• Team player, independent, responsible, with attention to detail
• Dedication to learning and self-improvement
• Communication/Negotiation/Presentation/Mentoring skills
• Complex ITIL knowledge corresponding to ITIL certification
• Basic project management knowledge /Basic financial literacy
What we offer
Home office/mobile working possible
Whether in the office or from any other location - mobile working is no problem for us. Working from home is part of our professional everyday life and is supported by digital platforms.
Flexible working hours
Room for professional and private challenges - with our flexible working time models, we offer the opportunity to work self-determined. Exactly as it suits life and your current situation.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
Deutsche Telekom Systems Solutions Slovakia s.r.o. is one of the two legal entities promoted under one brand Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions Slovakia. Our parent company Deutsche Telekom AG decided to take strategic steps towards structural change, which resulted in the splitting of T-Systems Slovakia into two legal entities, operating, as of July 1, 2020. Our original brand T-Systems Slovakia has been inextricably linked with Kosice region since January 2006. We proved this the very next year, when we became one of the founding members of Košice IT Valley association. Over the last decade, we have managed to grow from scratch to being the second largest employer in the eastern part of the country. At the same time, with more than 3,900 employees, we are one of the top fifteen largest employers in Slovakia. Thanks to our highly qualified and motivated employees, we are the company with the fastest growth in added value within the IT industry in Slovakia. Our goal is to proactively find new ways to improve and continuously transform into the type of company providing innovative services.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.