Internship Target Costing Electronics (m/f/d)
As an intern, you will support strategic projects while learning how Target Costing can increase value for money while eliminating redundancies, reducing complexity and define target-costs.
In your daily activities you are responsible for teardown of electronic telecommunication equipment and product cost calculations.
Your output will be linked to the following activities:
- Cost-Modeling of future products under development
- Teardown of existing product (prototypes) and competitor products
- Development, organization and management of Target Costing tools
- Technology trends and evolutions related to cost-per-feature
- General support of the Target Costing team in and around the TC@P Labs
- An internship project, which you will plan, stage, execute and present independently
You are studying electrical engineering or a comparable major with a link to telecommunication engineering.
You have either a professional training in an electronics related job or accomplished the basic studies and finished a basic internship.
You also possess the following skills and experience:
- Personal interest in fixed and mobile telecommunication services and hands-on electronics experience
- Hardware experience in electronic projects and the ability to identify common components, understand their electrical parameters and group them into functionalities
- Up to date with web feeds on latest gadgets and proficiency in IT and Home-Network environments
- Personally experiences in smartphones/ tablets and/or extended knowledge on configuring your IT setup (e.g. advances router settings, solving network issues, etc.)
- Analytical, problem solving skills and an ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency
- Fluent in English, being able to communicate in German and French is a plus.
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
What we offer
Connection to public transport
Start your working day relaxed and without stressful rush hour traffic - our location is well connected to public transport and the next stop is just around the corner.
Healthy eating in the company of colleagues - our on-site canteen makes it possible. Here you can choose from a large selection of hot and cold dishes in comfort and only a few minutes away from your office.
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
No annoying search for a parking space - we offer parking spaces at the office building or very close to our offices.
Join the unique environment of BuyIn, the largest procurement alliance in the TelCo world, and get ready to work in one of the most multi-cultural work settings. With sourcing projects over three continents, we negotiate 20 billion euros of spend for 45+ countries. We continuously strive to innovate for our stakeholders: 5G, IoT, AI, Cloud and Robotics are our daily business.
The Target Costing @Procurement (TC@P) team covers the areas of Network Equipment, Service Platform, IT and Customer Equipment. TC@P is consulting projects cross-functionally to increase value for money while eliminating redundancies, reducing complexity and to define target costs.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.