Internship Target Costing Electronics
- BUYIN GmbH
- Bonn, Germany
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Application Deadline:
- Experience Required:
- Working Hours Per Week:
- Languages Required:
- Deutsch, Englisch, Französisch
- Amount of Travel:
- Functional Area:
- Procurement, Supply Chain Management
As an intern, you will support strategic projects while learning how Target Costing can increase value for money while eliminating redundancies, reducing complexity and define target-costs.
In your daily activities you are responsible for teardown of electronic telecommunication equipment and product cost calculations.
Your output will be linked to the following activities:
- Cost-Modeling of future products under development
- Teardown of existing product (prototypes) and competitor products
- Development, organization and management of Target Costing tools
- Technology trends and evolutions related to cost-per-feature
- General support of the Target Costing team in and around the TC@P Labs
- An internship project, which you will plan, stage, execute and present independently
You are studying electrical engineering or a comparable major with a link to telecommunication engineering.
You have either a professional training in an electronics related job or accomplished the basic studies and finished a basic internship.
You also possess the following skills and experience:
- Personal interest in fixed and mobile telecommunication services and hands-on electronics experience
- Hardware experience in electronic projects and the ability to identify common components, understand their electrical parameters and group them into functionalities
- Up to date with web feeds on latest gadgets and proficiency in IT and Home-Network environments
- Personally experiences in smartphones/ tablets and/or extended knowledge on configuring your IT setup (e.g. advances router settings, solving network issues, etc.)
- Analytical, problem solving skills and an ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency
- Fluent in English, being able to communicate in German and French is a plus.
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
Founded in 2011 by Deutsche Telekom and Orange, BuyIn delivers strategic procurement services combining more than 25 billion euros of annual spend. This leads to sustainable economies of scale and savings based on analytics and benchmarks across millions of price points in 40+ markets.