IT DevOps Engineer
This position is open in following locations:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of infrastructure and services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Build systems and services using the latest software engineering techniques – such as TDD/BDD.
- Maintain Infrastructure and services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Analyze continuously process and performance - Proactive Problem Management
- Engage in continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous testing of infrastructure and services.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Prepare and continuously improve technical documentation
- You will be participating in creating Kubernetes Operator based on Ansible or Go Lang – automating configuration of Istio, building and managing mutlticluster with Istio service mesh.
- University degree in Technical area (Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems or related field)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of programming language such as Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, .Net, C++ or similar object-oriented language
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewall
- Collaborate with engineers on monitoring & debugging solutions
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as a Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform or other tools. Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt or Ansible in production environments.
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology
- Experience with automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications and provisioning infrastructure.
- Experience in automation and the development of automation tools
- Experience with virtualization technologies in Linux based environments (hypervisor and/or container-based virtualization)
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to learn new technologies
- Handles challenging problems with a positive "can do" attitude.
- Ability to work in a small team
- Flexibility to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- Strong OSS knowledge and proven experience
- Holistic View of Telecommunication Operational Business Processes
- Basic knowledge of a private / public cloud environment
- Working in an international organization, cross country and cross culture
- Knowledge of Istio and AWS/GCP experience is a significant plus
- Ability to absorb new concepts and technical implementation of application architecture, infrastructure, and security.
- Ability to share knowledge freely, assisting teammates, systems engineering, etc., helping to raise the overall skill level of the team
- You have made (a lot of) mistakes and most importantly have learned from them
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Do you want work in one of the best engineering teams in the tech industry?
If yes, join us at Deutsche Telekom where enthusiastic people shape the future of telecommunication, working on innovative and agile projects to create an extraordinary customer experience.
Who we are?
Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services was established in 2015 as part of Deutsche Telekom Group, Technology & Innovation Area, and part of Technology Delivery International (TDI).
We are a collection of experts teams spread across Europe, working together collaboratively with our NatCos (national companies) to enable relevant technologies for the delivery of core telco services to our customers in our many markets. We focus on building and scaling cloud based and network service platforms, delivering best network performance through continues optimization. We delight our customers by enabling innovative network automation solutions across the European Telco footprint.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) will process your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, information obtained during the online assessment, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group. You can find the information about entities belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group on the following link.[LP1] : Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Business Services S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. If you participate in online assessment, your personal data may be transferred also to the USA to HireVue Inc., 10876 S River Front Pkwy Ste 600 South Jordan, Utah 84095, United States, and so based on EU standard contractual clauses and additional safeguards.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Depending on the location, where the position for which you apply is open, your data will be processed by the respective local Cloud Services entity as a controller. The respective Cloud Services entity is one of the following entities:
For positions in Greece: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services EE, having its seat at Fragkoklisias str. 9, 15125 Marousi of Attica, Athens, Greece
For positions in Romania: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services S.R.L. having its seat at B-dul. Dimitrie Pompei nr. 9-9A, Iride Business Park Cladirea 20, Floor 3, Sector 2, Bucharest, Romania
For positions in Croatia: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services d.o.o. having its seat at Radnicka cesta 21, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
For positions in Hungary: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services Kft. having its seat at 1117 Budapest, Infopark sétány 3, Hungary
For positions in Poland: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services Sp. z o.o. having its seat at ul. Marynarska 12, 02-674 Warsaw, Poland.
All other information about processing of your data provided above apply regardless of Cloud Services entity as controller.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is:
Slovakia: email@example.com. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
Greece: firstname.lastname@example.org Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
Romania: email@example.com Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
Croatia: firstname.lastname@example.org Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
Hungary: email@example.com Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
Poland: firstname.lastname@example.org Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.