Junior Financial Controller
- T-Systems Ltd.
- Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Apprenticeship/Dual study program
- Functional Area:
- Finance, Controlling
The T-Systems story is yet to be fully told in the UK market. With our fresh and vibrant new brand positioning, this key role will embody our brand claim of ‘let’s power higher performance’, striving to show our customers the full extent of the value they get from working with us.
We are looking for a Junior Financial Controller - Apprentice
This is an apprentice role which provides study time (as a minimum 20%) and qualification with onjob experience. You will study the Apprenticeship Standard – Level 7 Professional Accounting/Tax Technician (CIMA) which results in CIMA professional qualification.
The role is responsible for supporting Controlling processes within Finance and Controlling. Supporting the Controlling team including providing input for budgeting, forecasting, monthly accounting and reporting with adherence to International Accounting Standards. The Controlling Apprentice will support the business in operations, sales, G&A (general and administration) building pro-active relationships within the company and wider finance team.
• Preparing and posting journals for cost and revenue accruals, deferrals, intercompany and pre-payments in a timely manner.
• Approving and tracking Purchase Orders and expenditure.
• Monthly financial reporting and analytical review of the monthly management accounts.
• Evaluation of risks and opportunities.
• Forecasting and budgeting in line with group requirements
• Preparing balance sheet reconciliations and ensuring differences are addressed and cleared
• Organising business reviews with managers to review monthly results.
• Reviewing and commenting on monthly Charging Dashboard to ensure that all secondary recharges have been calculated correctly.
• Review and control systems updates including cost centers, WBS numbers, project codes etc on SAP & eBEST.
• support small projects in line with change program to deliver best practice processes and systems under Controlling area of responsibility and support to clear unbilled Invoices, Parked Invoices, AUC etc and ensuring that managers raise invoices, GRN in time.
• Monitoring Time allocations on the CATS Systems and producing relevant reports for the management including variance analysis and recommendations for improvement.
• Full day to day support to help optimise profitability of the business unit, service line or customers.
• Any other Ad Hoc controlling tasks as required by management from time to time
• To work collaboratively across the Controlling team
• A strong communicator
• Driven by self-development and growth.
• Able to deliver to tight deadlines and manage a diverse workload
• Resilient and flexible, with the ability to cope with a changing environment
• An active team member, and be able to build effective relationships across the business
• Able to work on your own initiative
• looking to progress their Finance Career with 2-3 years financial industry experience and wishing to complete their ACCA/CIMA professional qualification over the next 2-3 years
• 5 GCSE at grade C or above or equivalent in Maths and English
• 3 A levels or equivalent
• CIMA certificate in Business accounting or equivalent
• Experience of MS Office packages (with strong Excel skills)
• SAP Accounting system experience
• Previous experience within a large global organisation
Must be prepared to travel between locations within the UK as and when required to perform the job requirements
At T-Systems in the UK, we deliver our customers end-to-end IT and telecommunications solutions from corporate voice and data networks to full-spectrum IT solutions and business process outsourcing. Our local and global expertise in information and communications technology coupled with our extensive investments in world leading ICT solutions position us as true leaders in our field. With offices in London, Milton Keynes and Hatfield and other satellite sites across the UK, we make sure we remain close to our customers. And, with extensive reach across the globe, we can also meet their demands on an international scale.