Linux System Administrator (Debrecen)
- IT Services Hungary
- Debrecen, Hungary
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Application Deadline:
- Functional Area:
ICT / IT Operations
ICT / IT Development
This person is responsible for maintaining the operational status of Linux OS-based servers and appliances and will work closely with other members of the IT Operations department.
The duties of this position are to provide broad spectrum Linux support to complex enterprise solutions:
- Under general supervision, performs installations and upgrades, conducts day-to-day operational maintenance and provides support for various Linux servers.
- Investigating and responding to alerts generated by the various monitoring systems.
- Evaluating and implementing potential new tools and technologies.
- Mentor and direct junior staff in the course of daily assignments to promote a collaborative learning environment.
- Candidate is required to have analysis and decision-making skills.
- Strong commitment to process, and understanding of security, change and configuration management principles.
- Required to work both independently and collaboratively to address incidents, problems.
- Participate in after-hours weekly shifts that respond to business emergency requests (on-call rotation).
- B1 level English language
- Experience with Enterprise Linux / Unix System Administration
- Code-, scripting experiences
- German language
- Keen to learn
- Team spirit even in a virtual team
IT Services Hungary is the biggest ICT employer of Hungary, the subsidiary of T-Systems International. Our company uniquely offers the whole portfolio of ICT-services operating from our centres in Budapest, Debrecen, Pécs and Szeged. We satisfy the needs of clients on international scale in the fields of system integration and operation, while our services also include all the widely used software and hardware platforms of SAP system services as well as distant and local server operation, network management and supervision. Our work has been acknowledged by awards „Investor of the Year” (2008 and 2015) and „Employer of the Year” (2014/2015, National Champion). Since 2014 our company won the Superbrands award multiple times, and IT Business gave us the title: „The Most Successful ICT enterprise” in 2017.
We are looking for experienced professionals to become member of our continuously developing and growing company!