Machine Learning Engineer (with ML Deployment and Operation Focus)
About the Team
You will be part of a cross-functional team in the AI One Conversation project which plans to personalize & individualize customer interaction for Deutsche Telekom’s customers across different touchpoints (e.g. Website, App, Call Center, in-shop, TV product, etc.). AI One Conversation is the tool for extensive customer experience with predictive, proactive, and personalized responses to all our customers.
We are working with cutting-edge technology including modern architecture for 360-degree contextualized information about our customers, including what they did on our websites, in the apps, what they talked about with our call center or customer care, etc., to really “know” our customers and be able to better individualize our interaction for them.
What will you do?
- Work in cross-functional teams focusing on delivery of scalable and real-time machine learning solutions.
- Work closely with product, data science and software engineering teams across Europe and Asia.
- Design and build integration components to allow data from sources such as API’s, Databases and Big Data Systems to be available to the Machine Learning pipelines.
- Design, implement, evaluate, deploy, and monitor the machine learning infrastructure using state-of-the art (open-source) libraries and components.
- Build and maintain innovative machine learning model training, scoring & evaluation libraries - for use in production environment.
- Enable systems to score hundreds of machine learning models in parallel and real-time.
- Build components to automate the machine learning life cycle.
What will you bring along?
- Motivation to build and operate products that delight our customers
- A mindset of continuous learning, willingness to share knowledge and learn from others
- Ability to innovate and find solutions to complex problems
- A perfect balance between being a strong individual contributor and an empathic team player
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders in the company
What do you need to have?
- Proven hands-on experience in deploying machine learning pipelines into products
- Knowledge of components and blueprints to design scalable and resilient cloud-based infrastructure for data-driven functionalities
- Experience in operating machine learning pipelines including using frameworks such as Kubeflow and Airflow
- Experience in the various aspects of building machine learning models from the business requirement towards the integration into a productive solution
- Broad knowledge of programming languages such as Python (required) and JVM languages (desirable)
- Familiar with best practices of system and online service design (such as monitoring, performance trade-offs, extensibility, …)
- Familiar with standard software engineering methodology, like version control, unit testing
- Feel comfortable with an agile working mode and team setup
- Bachelor (or higher) in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning, Data Science or related fields
What can you expect working with us?
We take a long-term commitment when it comes to our employees. You will develop your career working in one or more innovation projects of Deutsche Telekom Group, exploring the latest trends and technologies which enable the product development process. You will grow not only your knowledge, but also your network, by interacting with a wide group of experts in areas such as Software Development, AI and Customer Experience.
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Do you want to work in one of the best engineering teams in the tech industry?
If yes, join us at the Innovation Hub at Deutsche Telekom, a center of excellence where 300+ enthusiastic people shape the future of telecommunication, working on innovative and agile projects to create an extraordinary customer experience.
We are growing our team in Athens, and we are looking for a highly motivated (senior) machine learning engineer, with a focus on machine learning model deployment and operations for our innovation projects. Whether it’s the voicification, hyper-personalization, or simply the connection of our services at home, our goal is to create meaningful experiences for our customers. We are working with cutting-edge technology including modern architecture, data-driven solutions with API-first approach that lets each project think and act as a tech start-up.
In Athens, the Innovation Hub operates under the umbrella of our subsidiary, Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net which is a multi-national company established within Deutsche Telekom Group in Europe, to change the production logic from legacy hardware platforms to cloud-native platforms based on IP, Software-Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) will process your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group: Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Business Services S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Depending on the location, where the position for which you apply is open, your data will be processed by the respective local Pan-Net entity as a controller. The respective Pan-Net entity is one of the following entities:
- For positions in Greece: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Greece, having its seat at 59-61 Agiou Konstantinou street, 15124, Amaroussion, Attica, Greece
- For positions in Romania: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Romania having its seat at B-dul. Dimitrie Pompei nr. 9-9A, Iride Business Park Cladirea 20, Floor 3, Sector 2, Bucharest, Romania
- For positions in Croatia: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Croatia having its seat at Vrbani 4, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
- For positions in Hungary: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Hungary having its seat at 1117 Budapest, Infopark sétány 3, Hungary
- For positions in Poland Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Poland having its seat at ul. Marynarska 12, 02-674 Warsaw, Poland.
All other information about processing of your data provided above apply regardless of Pan-Net entity as controller.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is:
- Slovakia: email@example.com. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Greece: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Romania: email@example.com. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Croatia: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Hungary: email@example.com. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Poland: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.