NFVI - Cloud Native Engineer
- Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o.
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Experience Required:
- 3-5 years
- Languages Required:
- Functional Area:
- ICT / IT Operations
Key Performance Indicators / Key responsibilities and deliverables:(e.g. budget, revenue, EBITDA, etc.):
- Development and operations of Cloud Platform components
- Provide value-added services for cloud platform in the area of application orchestration, Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS) components and application lifecycle management
- Cloud platform SRE: Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Budget responsibility: No
Detailed job description, responsabilities:
- Close interaction with other Sub-roles of the platform (e.g. SLA, architecture)
- KPI-Definition and monitoring of related tool / platform-service
- Responsible for planning, implementation, development and testing of HW/ SW components of the cloud patform
- Responsible for communication with 3rd parties/vendors during tendering process or during definition of cloud platform requirements.
- Responsible for preparation and administration of the techn. Documentation
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services rom inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
University degree in Technical area (Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems or related field)
Professional knowledge, skills, know-how in the field & experience in the field:
More than 3 years of experience in area of cloud platforms design and testing, competence focus in the areas of application orchestration, platform-as-a-service or DevOps tools
English language – fluent (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
Interpersonal, communication skills:
Main interfaces for the position: internal PanNet employees, other PanNet companies, DT, external 3rd parties
Other soft skills, competences
- Team worker
- Flexibility to travel
- Efficient communication
- Time Management
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN).
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Expertise in using configuration management and CI/CD tools, e.g Ansilbe, Puppet,Terraform, Git, Gerrit, Jenkins
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Python and Go.
- Experience in designing and operating public and private cloud platforms
- Experience in deploying and managing kubernetes clusters
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. designs, operates and steers the joint pan-European network ("Pan-Net") of Deutsche Telekom. The company is a member of the Deutsche Telekom Group with head quarter in Bratislava and locations in Europe. Deutsche Telekom PanNet is building the capabilities for Deutsche Telekom’s future centralized production platform across Europe.
The PanNet is looking for candidates with a start-up mentality that are equally able to support the initial setup with the necessary flexibility and to define a sustainable target organization based on the key production principles of Pan Net.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Depending on the job location your employing company might be one of the following Pan-Net entities
- Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Slovakia s.r.o., having its seat at Jarabinková 1, 821 09 Bratislava, Slovakia for positions located in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Greece E.P.E., having its seat at 59-61 Agiou Konstantinou street, 15124, Amaroussion, Attica, Greece for positions located in Athens, Greece
- Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Romania S.R.L. having its seat at B-dul. Dimitrie Pompei nr. 9-9A, Iride Business Park Cladirea 20, etaj 3, Sector 2, Bucharest, Romania for positions located in Bucharest, Romania
- Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Croatia d.o.o. having its seat at Vrbani 4, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia for positions located in Zagreb, Croatia
- Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Hungary Kft. having its seat at Infopark sétány 3, 1117 Budapest, Hungary for positions located in Budapest, Hungary
By replying to the job offer, I hereby grant company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. with its registered seat at Jarabinková 1, 821 09 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) the consent with processing of my personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in my CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that I am applying for. This consent is granted for definite period of 6 months.
My personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling. My personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group: Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Services Europe Romania S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. My personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
In connection with the processing of my personal data the Company provides me with the following information:
Please be informed that you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to delete your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your consent, or if you withdraw your consent during the selection process, we cannot process your personal data and thus you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position.
In case, I apply for the position in Pan-Net entity other than Company (please see list of possible employing companies from Pan-Net entities above), I hereby grant the consent for processing of my personal data also to the respective Pan-Net entity (as joint controller with the Company), and so under the same conditions as described above for the Company.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is:
- Slovakia:firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Greece:email@example.com. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Romania:firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Croatia:email@example.com. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Hungary:firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link