NFVI - Cloud Native Engineer
- Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o.
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Experience Required:
- 3-5 years
- Languages Required:
- Functional Area:
- ICT / IT Operations
Key Performance Indicators / Key responsibilities and deliverables:(e.g. budget, revenue, EBITDA, etc.):
- Development and operations of Cloud Platform components
- Provide value-added services for cloud platform in the area of application orchestration, Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS) components and application lifecycle management
- Cloud platform SRE: Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Budget responsibility: No
Detailed job description, responsabilities:
- Close interaction with other Sub-roles of the platform (e.g. SLA, architecture)
- KPI-Definition and monitoring of related tool / platform-service
- Responsible for planning, implementation, development and testing of HW/ SW components of the cloud patform
- Responsible for communication with 3rd parties/vendors during tendering process or during definition of cloud platform requirements.
- Responsible for preparation and administration of the techn. Documentation
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services rom inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
University degree in Technical area (Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems or related field)
Professional knowledge, skills, know-how in the field & experience in the field:
More than 3 years of experience in area of cloud platforms design and testing, competence focus in the areas of application orchestration, platform-as-a-service or DevOps tools
English language – fluent (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
Interpersonal, communication skills:
Main interfaces for the position: internal PanNet employees, other PanNet companies, DT, external 3rd parties
Other soft skills, competences
- Team worker
- Flexibility to travel
- Efficient communication
- Time Management
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN).
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Expertise in using configuration management and CI/CD tools, e.g Ansilbe, Puppet,Terraform, Git, Gerrit, Jenkins
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Python and Go.
- Experience in designing and operating public and private cloud platforms
- Experience in deploying and managing kubernetes clusters
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. designs, operates and steers the joint pan-European network ("Pan-Net") of Deutsche Telekom. The company is a member of the Deutsche Telekom Group with head quarter in Bratislava and locations in Europe. Deutsche Telekom PanNet is building the capabilities for Deutsche Telekom’s future centralized production platform across Europe.
The PanNet is looking for candidates with a start-up mentality that are equally able to support the initial setup with the necessary flexibility and to define a sustainable target organization based on the key production principles of Pan Net.