Onboarding DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer
This position is open in the following countries:
- Prepare initial application deployments (onboarding) on OpenStack or managed Kubernetes environments and implement customer-specific requirements
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of infrastructure and services—from inception and design through deployment, operation and refinement
- Actively participate in incident resolution during the onboarding phase and work on lessons learned as well as preventive design approaches.
- Engage in continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous testing of infrastructure and services
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Prepare and update project documentation
- Automating, scheduling builds and deployments, performing manual deployments if needed, coordinating with the engineering and QA teams, and assisting in the development and implementation of CI automation tools, scripts, and workflows
- Deliver recommendations and guidance with regard to automation, orchestration, build, and deployment efforts
- Deliver recommendations and guidance with regard to project scoping, release/sprint planning using Agile DevOps tools (e.g., Rally/JIRA), and prioritization for automation, orchestration, build, and deployment efforts
- University degree in Technical area (Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems or related field)
- Experience with virtualization technologies in Linux based environments (hypervisor and/or container-based virtualization)
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and network security
- Experience in one or more of the following DevOps tools: Gitlab, Artifactory, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, etc
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: C++, Java, Python, Go
- Highly collaborative team player
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to travel
- Efficient communication, communication with 3rd parties
Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery/Deployment (CD), Orchestration
Excellent experience in one or more of the following areas
- Python, C++, Java,
- CI/CD processes and tools: GitLab, Ansible, Tosca, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory
- SW static testing: Sonar3, Robot
- Cloud Technologies: Openstack, Kubernetes/Openshift, AWS, Azure, Google cloud
Experience in one or more of the following areas
- Public/Private Cloud Architectures
- Admin of Unix/Linux based system
- Ceph, Swift, SDN
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Who we are?
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net was established in 2015 as part of Deutsche Telekom Group, Technology & Innovation Area, and part of Technology Delivery International (TDI).
TDI is a collection of experts teams spread across Europe, working together collaboratively with our NatCos (national companies) to enable relevant technologies for the delivery of core telco services to our customers in our many markets. Pan-Net focuses on building and scaling cloud based and network service platforms, delivering best network performance through continues optimization. We delight our customers by enabling innovative network automation solutions across the European Telco footprint. Besides the headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia there are other Pan-Net affiliated companies across Europe, and together with the TDI team in Germany, we leverage the power of all teams to provide best in class technology solutions.
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net bundles key competencies for future tech projects within the area of Technology & Innovation. Anchoring skill developments in learning opportunities on- and off-of-the job, is deeply imbedded in our corporate culture. Therefore, the technical experts, who are organized in chapters and tribes, are flexibly and effectively enabled to contribute towards Group's strategic focus of digitalization, cloudification and automation to become the Leading European Telco.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) will process your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group: Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Services Europe Romania S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Depending on the location, where the position for which you apply is open, your data will be processed by the respective local Pan-Net entity as a controller. The respective Pan-Net entity is one of the following entities:
For positions in Greece: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Greece, having its seat at 9 Fragkoklisias street, 15125, Marousi of Attica, Greece
For positions in Romania: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Romania having its seat at B-dul. Dimitrie Pompei nr. 9-9A, Iride Business Park Cladirea 20, Floor 3, Sector 2, Bucharest, Romania
For positions in Croatia: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Croatia having its seat at Vrbani 4, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
For positions in Hungary: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Hungary having its seat at 1117 Budapest, Infopark sétány 3, Hungary
All other information about processing of your data provided above apply regardless of Pan-Net entity as controller.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is:
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.