Operations Engineer for Cloud Operations
- Ensuring application availability and proper operation within the existing deployment processes and infrastructure
- Measure, analyze and monitor the infrastructure to be maintained for availability and performance; Identify, analyze, and provide solutions for system- and application-related issues and inefficiencies.
- Monitoring and analysis of stability, capacity, and performance
- Identify action needs at CFS or process level
- Further development of the degree of automation when deploying the application release
- Management of optimization projects
- 2nd Level Technical Support to resolve incidents according to ITIL and Agile methodology
- Application management and operations for Telekom’s Cloud marketplace servers
- You are member of our Application Management team in Darmstadt, Germany (but you work in Athena)
- Close collaboration with DevOps & Operations team (located although in Athena)
- Advanced knowledge of technical troubleshooting
- Expert knowledge in error analysis
- Advanced knowledge in application management
- Advanced knowledge of scripting tools and languages
- Advanced knowledge in technical support
- Advanced knowledge of network understanding
- Advanced knowledge in technical understanding
- Advanced knowledge of quality management
- Advanced knowledge in project management
- Advanced knowledge in software understanding
- Ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries
- Ability to work in a flexible, dynamic and agile environment
- Self-initiated, solution-oriented and a hands-on problem solver with willingness to learn and work with different tools
- Continuous Learning
- Solution competence
Specific skills (Methods, trends, language, knowledge):
- Degree in Information Technology /Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Linux (in best case Ubuntu) server administration
- Experience with Tomcat and Java-applications, version control (e.g. GIT) and ticketing tools (e.g. Jira)
- Experience with DevOps / GitOps tools and methodologies (K8s, Helm, ArgoCD, Gitlab CI/CD, automation)
- Experience in using monitoring tools (Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Datadog)
- Strong communications skills in English (fluent spoken and written), good communication skills in German is a plus
- Travel internationally 0-25%
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Do you want work in one of the best engineering teams in the tech industry?
If yes, join us at Deutsche Telekom where enthusiastic people shape the future of telecommunication, working on innovative and agile projects to create an extraordinary customer experience.
Who we are?
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net was established in 2015 as part of Deutsche Telekom Group, Technology & Innovation Area, and part of Technology Delivery International (TDI).
We are a collection of experts teams spread across Europe, working together collaboratively with our NatCos (national companies) to enable relevant technologies for the delivery of core telco services to our customers in our many markets. We focus on building and scaling cloud based and network service platforms, delivering best network performance through continues optimization. We delight our customers by enabling innovative network automation solutions across the European Telco footprint.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Greece EPE. with its registered seat at 9 Fragkoklisias Str., 15125, Marousi of Attica, ID no. 134112901000 / 300378 (the “Company”) will process, as a controller, your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, information obtained during the online assessment, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group. You can find the information about entities belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group on the following link. If you participate in online assessment, your personal data may be transferred also to the USA to HireVue Inc., 10876 S River Front Pkwy Ste 600 South Jordan, Utah 84095, United States, and so based on EU standard contractual clauses and additional safeguards.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is email@example.com.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.