WE SHAPE THE DIGITAL WORLD TO BRING PEOPLE CLOSER TOGETHER – APPLY NOW!
Oracle Database Solution Architect
- T-Systems Netherlands
- The Hague, Netherlands
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Application Deadline:
- Experience Required:
- 5 years and more
- Languages Required:
- Dutch, English
- Amount of Travel:
- Functional Area:
ICT / IT Consulting
ICT / IT Projects
For one of our biggest customers in the oil and gass industry, T-Systems is looking for a Solution Architect Database. This customer actively drives portfolio development, portfolio management and the implementation of technology, platforms and processes as requested by Customer or demanded by the account strategy (e.g. platform change, cloud journey, Enterprise Recovery, Secure Hosting).
You will work in the architecture community (Chapter) that is developed for our customer, which has about 20-30 architects, on different levels, with different expertise. You will specifically work in the Database area to cover for Oracle and/or SQL, and preferably both.
For this position we are looking for a Solution Architect Database who can create High-Level architectural designs and is also experienced with activities/areas such as blueprinting, scope, requirements, service design and compliance. You contribute to service development / enhancements in line with agreed roadmaps. You are an expert in database products (Mircrosoft SQL, Orcale) and you have knowledge of the following elements:
- Maria/MySQL, Postgres, Hadoop, Cloud DB); affinity with Data Analytics.
- Database compliance (industry security standards)
- Database backup solutions
- Database HA and disaster recovery solutions
For this position we need somebody who fits the following profile:
- Knowledge of typical Architecture activities (Requirements management, write High Level Designs, discussing and presenting solutions, provide effort estimates).
- Knowledge of TOGAF or comparable architecture framework. Also familiar to work Agile.
- Knowledge of Hybrid Cloud, including Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon (AWS).
- For Oracle: Preferred being familiar with the Oracle Cloud, Oracle engineered systems, Oracle appliances and Enterprise Manager.
- Knowledge of at least 4 of the following areas:
- Hosting (VMware, Wintel, Linux, Hyperconverged),
- Databases (Oracle & SQL)
- Storage (HDS, NetApp, EMC)
- Networking (switching, routing, firewall)
- Security & Compliance incl. Monitoring/Logging
- Strong focus on Application Management/Delivery
- Soft skills:
- Good negotiation skills especially with a complicated customer
- Good networking skills (existing network with our customer is a benefit)
- Knowledge of Security Standards (ISO 2700x, ESARIS preferred), required for all design work (including Cloud)
- Experience with working on large(r) accounts (international) and preferrably Oil & Gas is a pro.
We are a company that is in full development and value entrepreneurship, innovation and people development. In addition to our traditional ICT infrastructure and cloud services, we also assist our clients in the digital transformation. On a daily basis we are working with solutions around IoT, Big Data and Block chain to help our customers in their digital transformation.
T-Systems is 100% owned by Deutsche Telekom Group, one of the world's leading providers of secure and reliable information and communication technology. We have offices in more than 20 countries, 37.500 employees worldwide and in the financial year 2017 we generated 6.9 billion euros in revenue.
T-Systems Netherlands provides innovative and high-quality ICT services with a strong focus on Cloud, Networks, Digitization, IoT and Security & SAP. T-Systems Netherlands have 400 employees divided over three locations, Utrecht , Heerlen and The Hague.
Our key values are Guts, Focus, Power and Proud to be T. These values connect and challenge us every day. Innovation is one of the most important drivers because we want to offer the best solutions to our customers.