OSS Cloud Developer
Key Performance Indicators/ Key responsibilities and deliverables:
- Working as a modern Cloud engineer who understands modern development standards. Working on an opensource applications designed to collect and correlate events from a private and public clouds. We work in an Agile DevOps model. We are happy to train the people to work with our applications.
Detailed job description, responsibilities:
- Working as a multidiscipline developer across the full development stack.
- To build a modern development practice using CI/CD pipeline in a DevOps model.
- Detailed knowledge of SQL / Postgres Databases.
- Developing and configuration of opensource Event Management application, so called openNMS
- Responsible to configure / develop integration of new Alarm providers from different vendors, based on different integration standards like SNMP or WebHooks
- Configuration of alarm correlation and enrichment
- Configuration of Dashboards based on Grafana
- Maintaining a CI/CD pipeline based on Terraform, Ansible and Gitlab
- Support and cooperation in incident resolution and preventive maintenance (SW)
- Analyze continuously process and performance - Proactive Problem Management
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Prepare and continuously improve technical documentation
- University/Master’s degree in Technical area (Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems or related field).
Professional knowledge, skills, know-how in the field & experience in the field:
- A Good knowledge of PostgreSQL Databases.
- Experience in configuration of Event Management application and integration of any Event provider based on standards like SNMP or WebHooks interface
- An understanding of computer networking
- Understanding of creating and maintaining CI/CD pipeline based on Terraform, Ansible, Gitlab and some knowledge about containerization
- Understanding of ELK stack, including Elastic, Logstash and Kafka
- Understanding of Grafana do configure dashboards
- It would be very useful to have knowledge about software products like openNMS, Prometheus or Check_MK
- Understanding distributed development techniques and tools such as Kafka, MQ.
- Understanding of the cloud (Openstack would be nice) both public, private and hybrid
- Knowledge of Restful and other API programming techniques
- A knowledge of modern documentation techniques such as Swagger
- English language – proficient (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Any additional language from within European DT footprint is beneficial
Interpersonal, communication skills:
- Main interfaces for the position: internal DT Pan-Net employees at all of its legal entities, DT group, external 3rd parties
- Experience in working with international teams (direct & indirect) from different cultural backgrounds and experience in managing external resources ensuring clarity, collaboration and efficiency
- Excellent team player and motivator
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to see at both the helicopter view and focus on detail if required
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak and write at both senior and junior levels within an organization
- Strong and dynamic individual, with the ability to thrive under pressure
Other soft skills, competences:
- Self-motivated and resistant to stress
- Highly collaborative
- High flexibility to travel, especially in the first year (approx. 50%)
- Efficient communication
- Balance specialization and cross-functional expertise
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. designs, operates and steers the joint pan-European network ("Pan-Net") of Deutsche Telekom. The company is a member of the Deutsche Telekom Group with head quarter in Bratislava and locations in Europe. Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net is building the capabilities for Deutsche Telekom’s future centralized production platform across Europe.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) will process your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group: Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Business Services S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Depending on the location, where the position for which you apply is open, your data will be processed by the respective local Pan-Net entity as a controller. The respective Pan-Net entity is one of the following entities:
- For positions in Greece: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Greece, having its seat at 59-61 Agiou Konstantinou street, 15124, Amaroussion, Attica, Greece
- For positions in Romania: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Romania having its seat at B-dul. Dimitrie Pompei nr. 9-9A, Iride Business Park Cladirea 20, Floor 3, Sector 2, Bucharest, Romania
- For positions in Croatia: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Croatia having its seat at Vrbani 4, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
- For positions in Hungary: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Hungary having its seat at 1117 Budapest, Infopark sétány 3, Hungary
- For positions in Poland Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Poland having its seat at ul. Marynarska 12, 02-674 Warsaw, Poland.
All other information about processing of your data provided above apply regardless of Pan-Net entity as controller.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is:
- Slovakia: email@example.com. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Greece: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Romania: email@example.com. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Croatia: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Hungary: email@example.com. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
- Poland: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.