Principal Software Architect (m/f/d)
This is a complex role covering internal and external affairs of the chapter Cloud Transformation. Jointly with the head of Cloud Solutions, the chapters will set standards and frameworks for cloud migration and modernization through the Application-led Cloud Transformation portfolio. This spans from legacy mainframe modernization to green-field Cloud-Native development. One main area is developing team and overal maturity of the portfolio. The position holder will coordinate and manage best-in-class services and customer experience by scoping and architecting cloud-based solution.
• Client Engagement: Develop and maintain client relationships with C-level executives and decision-makers.
• Pre-Sales Activities: Support sales teams in customer engagements, provide technical consultation and architecture presentations.
• RFP/RFI Responses: Lead the preparation and delivery of RFP/RFI responses and proposals.
• Cloud Implementation: Oversee the design and implementation of cloud architectures, ensuring alignment with client business objectives and global standards.
• Quality Assurance and Project Management: Conduct regular code reviews, performance tests, and other quality checks.
• Compliance and Security: Ensure that all cloud architectures adhere to compliance laws specific to Germany and meet global security standards.
A succesful candidate should be a Team player with a strong sense of ownership for the work and related responsibilities. Our motto is "getting things done, fast". This is a Hybrid working environment, presence in local offices in Germany may be required at least 3 days a week, with frequent virtual meetings with global teams.
Further requirements are:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and a minimum of 5-10 years experience in cloud architecture and solutions.
• Professional certifications like AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect, or equivalent.
• Other certifications, Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) from ISACA, preferred
• Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture (EA) and its relevance to IT portfolio, frameworks such as TOGAF abd Zachman
• Working a close partnership with national teams based in Germany and other countries based in the EU
• We use a hybrid delivery model leveraging mainly off-shore teams in India, the successful candidate is required to work closely with Global Delivery Centers (GDC) within T-Systems International
• Fluency in English is mandatory, German (B2 level) preferred.
What we offer
With us there are not only full-time jobs - we also offer this position on a part-time basis.
Flexible working hours
Room for professional and private challenges - with our flexible working time models, we offer the opportunity to work self-determined. Exactly as it suits life and your current situation.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
The role is with Cloud Solutions Business Unit, an entity within Digital Enabler global organization that serves as a horizontal within Digital Solutions working with vertical BAs, including Automotive & Manufacturing, Pubic Sector, Mobility, Transport & Logistics, Health, and Emerging Industries.
We are the core entity for cloud solutions within Digital Solutions and drive large cloud tranaformation projects in solution design and delivery at global scale. Our Methodology for cloud tranformation is an application-led approach which aims to future-proof the value of cloud for our customers´ businesses. We are cloud agnostic and operate all main hyperscalers (AWS, Azure, GCP) as well as Open Telekom Cloud.
We foster and live the culture of "ownership" and "accountability" with customer in the center of our daily activities. We believe in our industry "learning is the only constant", therefore, applicants should show proven track record and passion for learning including industry certifications and accreditations.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.