Security Engineer - Splunk
The Security Engineer is a member of the global team of highly qualified/expert Engineers in data center technologies including all of Storage, Server and systems management. Security Engineering focuses on security aspects in the design of systems that need to be able to deal robustly with possible sources of disruption, ranging from natural disasters to malicious acts. To support the delivery of engineering solutions that satisfy functional and user requirements, but with the added dimension of preventing misuse and malicious behavior.
• Provides analytical and technical security recommendations to other team members, oversight boards, and clients. Identifies requirements, based upon need or as the result of a security issue that puts organizations systems at risk.
• Creating designs for secure solutions
• Working on projects to ensure secure solutions implemented
• Working on vulnerabilities – finding solutions, testing, packaging up for operations
• Working on resolving security audit findings, aiding audit preparation for disparate technologies
• Meets with clients and management to help specify and negotiate application security requirements, reviews current policies and procedures for applicability, and system OS security patch levels, and ensures safe transition of applications to production.
• Develops technology to automate security monitoring
• Develop, debug, test and support the certification process
• Create, maintain, and document security baselines
• Evaluate and recommend secure remote configurations
• Active member in technical workgroups to recommend effective security configurations and architecture
• Develops documentation to support ongoing security systems operations, maintenance and specific problem resolution.
• Works with and coordinates appropriate IT staff to implement solutions which will meet or exceed customer expectations
• Provide risk analysis for vulnerabilities, incidents and change requests
• Functions as technical lead during a security incident response
• Continuous operation and improvement of ISMS in all areas of security management
• Creation of security related KGI, KPIs, provide tracking of KPIs on regular basis including trends, recommendations for improvement
• Initiation and coordination of security projects e.g. security awareness campaign, key consolidation, etc.
• Creation of security business cases and other pre-sales inputs needed for sales process
• Possibility of teleworking or home office
• Cafeteria Bonus - an annual package of money based on job complexity
• Variable payment - yearly bonus defined in employment contract, based on reaching company objectives
• Financial bonus for recommendation of a candidate
• Financial bonus for relocation
• Employer pension contribution (III. pillar)
• Extra vacations based on position complexity
• Special program for key employees
• Work life coaching - psychological, work, legal and financial consulting
• Vacation contribution - for employees with employment contract who are continuously 24 months at least in the company
• Hard-skills and soft-skills trainings
• Opportunity to upskilling and reskilling by internal and external trainings and certifications
• Discounts at various providers
• Health week activities twice a year
• Usage of relaxation area Alejová
• Metro card
For more information about benefits - https://www.deutschetelekomitsolutions.sk/en/career/advantages-of-working-in-T-systems
• Master's degree
• Security Management - 5 years
• English - Upper intermediate (B2)
• German - Advantage
• Technical knowledge in architecture and engineering for ICT-data infrastructure
• Communcation and technical skill for standard operations with on call (Incident-, Change-,Problem-Management)
• Experience in Cloud Management (Azure, AWS,…)
• Network knowledge
• Linux Knowledge
• Experience in scripting with Python, Perl, Ansible, Grafhana and Bash
• Splunk, ELK, Kibana, Graffana,… Know How/certifications
• Knowledge about Forwarding, Log Management and IT Infrastructure
• Certifications on Multi-Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, OTC)
• Good communication, influencing, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work across various cultures and across organizations and company boundaries.
• This role requires the ability to lead people in project structures, identify goals to be pursued, and to influence others towards these same goals.
• Awareness of business structures, drivers, influences and have knowledge of political and financial challenges of a large International group.
• Good presentation skills
• Both a self-starter and team player, who can work without direct supervision
• Creative thinker, ability to see the bigger picture in a pragmatic, sensible way
• Good analytical skills, ability to make concise, well documented decisions, in agreement with the strategy and vision of the team.
• Continuous communication and discussion with team members in bringing all to the right information and delivering the same result.
• Good general business awareness
• Ability to present solution designs to customers and colleagues
What we offer
Home office/mobile working possible
Whether in the office or from any other location - mobile working is no problem for us. Working from home is part of our professional everyday life and is supported by digital platforms.
Flexible working hours
Room for professional and private challenges - with our flexible working time models, we offer the opportunity to work self-determined. Exactly as it suits life and your current situation.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
Deutsche Telekom IT & Telecommunications Slovakia s.r.o. is one of the two legal entities promoted under one brand Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions Slovakia. Our parent company Deutsche Telekom AG decided to take strategic steps towards structural change, which resulted in the splitting of T-Systems Slovakia into two legal entities, operating, as of July 1, 2020. Our original brand T-Systems Slovakia has been inextricably linked with Kosice region since January 2006. We proved this the very next year, when we became one of the founding members of Košice IT Valley association. Over the last decade, we have managed to grow from scratch to being the second largest employer in the eastern part of the country. At the same time, with more than 3,900 employees, we are one of the top fifteen largest employers in Slovakia. Thanks to our highly qualified and motivated employees, we are the company with the fastest growth in added value within the IT industry in Slovakia. Our goal is to proactively find new ways to improve and continuously transform into the type of company providing innovative services.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.