Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o.
- Athens, Greece
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Experience Required:
- 3-5 years
- Languages Required:
- Functional Area:
ICT / IT Development
ICT / IT Operations
ICT / IT Projects
Do you want work in one of the best engineering teams in the tech industry?
If yes, join us at the Innovation Hub at Deutsche Telekom, a center of excellence where 300 enthusiastic people shape the future of telecommunication, working on innovative and agile projects to create an extraordinary customer experience.
We are growing our team in Athens and we’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer for one of our innovation projects, Network Cloudification. In Athens, the Innovation Hub operates under the umbrella of our subsidiary, Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net which is a multi-national company established within Deutsche Telekom Group in Europe, in order to change the production logic from legacy hardware platforms to cloud-native platforms based on IP, Software-Defined Networking and Containerized Infrastructure.
About the Team
You will be part of cross-functional team in the Network Cloudification project which is working on future infrastructure of the Telecommunications network. We are working to create a modern software defined telco based on the latest open source technologies.
Our platforms enable Deutsche Telekom to deliver new and exciting cross-service user experiences at scale and in real-time. We are working with cutting-edge technology including modern architecture, data-driven solutions, with API-first approach which let us think and act as a tech start-up.
What will you do?
- Act as a technical thought leader by advising the product owner on technical decisions, engaging with other engineers and or/architects and by coaching junior colleagues
- Develop products and services with direct customer impact
- Build cloud Infrastructure considering holistic business requirements and implications along the entire development process (lifecycle)
- Analyze requirements provided by product owners, develop concepts and frameworks based on that
- Write scalable and maintainable code
- Ensure quality in every aspect of your work, from writing and maintaining documentation, doing code reviews or testing
- Collaborate with other teams in an international environment
What will you bring along?
- Motivation to build products that delight our customers
- A mindset of continuous learning, willingness to share knowledge and learn from others
- Ability to innovate and find solutions to complex problems
- A perfect balance between being a strong individual contributor and an empathic team player
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders in the company
What do you need to have?
- Expert knowledge of programming, with languages/frameworks like python and go
- Strong DevOps skills / Expert knowledge in continuous Integration and Delivery with Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab etc
- Cloud infrastructure technologies such as Bare Metal provisioning, Kubernetes, OpenStack
- Expert knowledge of network and architectural design using micro-services
- Expert knowledge in requirements management
- Strong knowledge of test automation and test-driven development
- Strong experience in agile software development (Scrum). Experience in working in scaled agile environments (i.e. multiple agile teams working on one product / platform) is a plus
- Hands-on experience in cloud native development. Experience with AWS, GCP (Anthos), Azure is a plus
- Experience with Open Source development
- Understanding of Linux (Ubuntu, Suse, Centos, etc)
- University Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
What can you expect working with us?
We take a long-term commitment when it comes to our employees. You will develop your career working in one or more innovation projects of Deutsche Telekom Group, exploring the latest trends and technologies which enable the product development process. You will grow not only your knowledge, but also your network, by interacting with a wide group of experts in areas such as Software Development, AI and Customer Experience.
What else we offer
- Open and friendly working environment
- Competitive remuneration package
- Private Health insurance
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. designs, operates and steers the joint pan-European network ("Pan-Net") of Deutsche Telekom. The company is a member of the Deutsche Telekom Group with head quarter in Bratislava and locations in Europe. Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net is building the capabilities for Deutsche Telekom’s future centralized production platform across Europe.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
By replying to the job offer, I hereby grant company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) the consent with processing of my personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in my CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that I am applying for. This consent is granted for definite period of 6 months.
My personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling. My personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group: Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Services Europe Romania S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. My personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
In connection with the processing of my personal data the Company provides me with the following information:
Please be informed that you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to delete your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your consent, or if you withdraw your consent during the selection process, we cannot process your personal data and thus you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position.
In case, I apply for the position in Pan-Net entity other than Company (please see list of possible employing companies from Pan-Net entities above), I hereby grant the consent for processing of my personal data also to the respective Pan-Net entity (as joint controller with the Company), and so under the same conditions as described above for the Company.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link.