Senior Data Engineer (Snowflake)
This is your opportunity to join an expanding international agile program. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join one of our Scrum Teams within a Digital/Service HUB. He/she will work in a multinational environment in diverse international teams within Agile Release Trains (SAFe).
- Act as a technical lead in building the Cloud Data Warehouse.
- Articulate the value proposition of cloud modernization/transformation within the organization.
- Collaborate with Software & Data Engineers and Architects to implement and maintain the standards and consistency for the data-pipelines and best practices.
- Actively collaborate in an agile environment with scrum masters, product owners, product managers, clients, business partners and technical teams (Daily Scrum, Program Increment Planning, Refinement, Retro etc.).
- Actively participate in the development of data-driven processes and solutions.
- In case of inbound error reports, take troubleshooting steps (error analysis, error correction, etc.) and / or contact the relevant supervisor.
- Provide development estimates on projects and tasks.
- Participate in documentation (program documentation, user manual, administrator guide, etc.)
- Train and professionally develop less experienced colleagues.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and state-of-the-art data warehouse solutions.
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Skills in databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, etc.)
- Software development experience with C/C++ or Java.Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash
- Experience working in a DevOps environment:
- Experience with CI/CD build and release automation tools
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with container orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Team player, self-motivated, pro-active with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and geographically distributed teams.
- Accepting DevOps & MLOps as a working culture (end-2-end responsibility)
- Fluent verbal and written English is a must
- Knowledge of German language is a plus
- Experience with Snowflake is a plus
- Experience with working in an agile development methodology (Kanban, Scrum, SAFe etc)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices etc
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data pipeline
Present in the market under the Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions brand name, IT-Services Hungary (ITSH) is a subsidiary of the Deutsche Telekom Group and is the largest ICT employer in Hungary. Established in 2006, the company provides a wide portfolio of IT and telecommunications services with more than 4500 employees. ITSH was awarded with the Best in Educational Cooperation prize by HIPA in 2019, acknowledged as one of the most attractive workplaces by PwC Hungary’s independent survey and rewarded with the title of the Most Ethical Multinational Company in 2019. The company continuously develops its four sites in Budapest, Debrecen, Pécs and Szeged and is looking for skilled IT professionals to join its team.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.