Senior Data Engineer
About the Team
- You will be part of a cross-functional, cross-location project team in our innovation programs!
- We are working with cutting-edge technology applying industry best practises!
- We are working agile, delivering innovative products in an incremental way!
- We always strive to drive and push things forward focusing on our customer needs!
- We embrace failure, our moto is “fail fast, iterate and pivot”!
- We are daily contributing to strengthening our culture of trust!
- And most importantly we have fun!
What will you do in your first project?
You will join a Central Data Team responsible for a Central Data Lake with data from different innovation programs. You will have the ownership of the End2End data infrastructure from raw data to the processed data which is ready to be consumed by data scientists and analysts for reports and analytics.
- Work on ETL pipelines in MS Azure (Spring Batch - Java, MongoDB, CosmosDB, Blob Storage, Databricks)
- Develop physical data models and implement data strategies.
- Lead by example on setting database and coding standards.
- Ensure creation of technical documentation to support our solutions.
- Work with complex data structures coming from various source systems e.g deeply nested json files
What will you bring along?
- Motivation to build products that delight our customers
- A mindset of continuous learning, willingness to share knowledge and learn from others
- Ability to innovate and find solutions to complex problems
- A perfect balance between being a strong individual contributor and an empathic team player
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders in the company
What do you need to have?
- Strong hands-on experience and knowledge in (big) data ingestion and data transformation pipelines on premise and in the Azure cloud (AWS and GCP are also nice to have)
- Hands on experience with big data processing technologies (such as Hadoop and/or Apache Spark), ETL and EL(T) pipelines, and data warehouse architecture, and components within a large-scale cloud environment (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with batch processing and online streaming data pipelines in Kafka. Real-time feature engineering (Feature Store) for machine learning would be a plus
- Hands on experience in developing, maintaining and monitoring data APIs
- Strong experience with several query languages, schema definition languages, and scripting languages
- In depth experience in writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment with large-scale and complex datasets from various sources
- Experience with data visualization, reporting and analytics software and tools
- Familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation as well as agile working modes and team setups
- Familiar with best practises related to anonymization processes and techniques
- Learning and sharing culture with your team and peers on the latest data and analytic trends and technology
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors (or higher) in Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or another related field
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
What can you expect from working with us?
We take a long-term commitment when it comes to our employees. You will develop your career working in one or more innovation programs of Deutsche Telekom Group, exploring the latest trends and technologies that enable the product development process. You will grow not only your knowledge, but also your network, by interacting with a wide group of experts in areas such as Software Development, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Customer Experience.
What else do we offer?
- Open and friendly working environment
- Competitive remuneration package
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Do you want to work in one of the best engineering teams in the tech industry?
If yes, join us at the team of Innovation Hub at Deutsche Telekom, a centre of excellence where 500+ enthusiastic people shape the future of telecommunication, software & technology, working on innovative and agile projects to create an extraordinary customer experience.
We are growing our team in Greece and we’re looking for a highly motivated Data Engineer to join Deutsche Telekom’s innovation programs.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services EPE. with its registered seat at 9 Fragkoklisias Str., 15125, Marousi of Attica, ID no. 134112901000 / 300378 (the “Company”) will process, as a controller, your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, information obtained during the online assessment, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group. You can find the information about entities belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group on the following link. If you participate in online assessment, your personal data may be transferred also to the USA to HireVue Inc., 10876 S River Front Pkwy Ste 600 South Jordan, Utah 84095, United States, and so based on EU standard contractual clauses and additional safeguards.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.