Senior DevOps Engineer
Do you want work in one of the best engineering teams in the tech industry?
If yes, join us at the Innovation Hub at Deutsche Telekom, a center of excellence where 300 enthusiastic people shape the future of telecommunication, working on innovative and agile projects to create an extraordinary customer experience.
We are growing our team in Athens and we’re looking for a highly motivated Senior DevOps Engineer for one of our innovation projects. Whether it’s the voicification, hyper-personalization, or simply the connection of our services and products at home, our goal is to create meaningful experiences for our customers. We are working with cutting-edge technology including modern architecture, data-driven solutions, with API-first approach which lets each project think and act as a tech start-up.
In Athens, the Innovation Hub operates under the umbrella of our subsidiary, Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net which is a multi-national company established within Deutsche Telekom Group in Europe to change the production logic from legacy hardware platforms to cloud-native platforms based on IP, Software-Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization.
About the Team
You will be part of cross-functional agile team which will develop core features for our Magenta Smart Home product. This involves building and further developing our mobile application that customers use to manage their smart products at home.
What will you do?
- Act as a technical thought leader by advising your development team on DevOps, engaging with other engineers and or/architects and by coaching junior colleagues
- Automate deployment pipelines and improve our automated quality assurance process
- Develop relevant KPI’s to reflect our customers perspective on a technical view
- Develop new CI/CD and release software
- Support in building up a high-quality product lifecycle
- Continuously optimize our workflows to simplify our lives
- Join a guild of colleagues with open minded and DevOps spirit and exchange with them on cutting edge technology
- Collaborate with other teams in an international environment
- Bring our products live to our customers
What will you bring along?
- Motivation to build products that delight our customers
- A mindset of continuous learning, willingness to share knowledge and learn from others
- Ability to innovate and find solutions to complex problems
- A perfect balance between being a strong individual contributor and an empathic team player
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders in the company
What do you need to have?
- Expert knowledge in continuous Integration and Delivery with Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab etc
- Expert knowledge of public cloud providers such as Azure
- Expert knowledge of security concepts relevant for DevOps
- Hands-on experience with Ansible, Terraform
- Knowledge of event driven architecture / technologies (Kafka)
- Programming knowledge of Python or Go
- Strong experience in agile software development (Scrum). Experience in working in scaled agile environments (i.e. multiple agile teams working on one product / platform) is a plus
- University Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
What can you expect working with us?
We take a long-term commitment when it comes to our employees. You will develop your career working in one or more innovation projects of Deutsche Telekom Group, exploring the latest trends and technologies which enable the product development process. You will grow not only your knowledge, but also your network, by interacting with a wide group of experts in areas such as Software Development, AI and Customer Experience.
What else we offer
- Open and friendly working environment
- Competitive remuneration package
- Private Health insurance
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net designs, operates and steers the joint pan-European network ("Pan-Net") of Deutsche Telekom. The company is a member of the Deutsche Telekom Group with head quarter in Bratislava and locations in Europe.
Deutsche Telekom PanNet is building the capabilities for Deutsche Telekom’s future centralized production platform across Europe.
"We enable smart digital societies" – as essential part of DT strategy. To successfully implement the strategy, we want to enable a flexible and easy setup of projects to explore and develop new products and services. That's why DT group launched the Innovation Hub. The Innovation Hub consists of the six Chapters Product Management, Project Management, Software Development, Artificial Intelligence & Data Science, Design / User Experience and Hardware Development.
It bundles all necessary competencies for future innovation projects within the division Technology & Innovation. The specialists, who are organized in competence centers, are flexibly and effectively used in innovation projects and increase the innovative strength of the Group - in products, technologies and methods.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Greece EPE. with its registered seat at 59-61 Agiou Konstantinou street, 15124, Amaroussion, Attica, ID no. 134112901000 / 300378 (the “Company”) will process, as a controller, your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group:
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava Bratislava, Slovak Repulic, Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Services Europe Romania S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is email@example.com
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.