Senior Engineer Public Cloud (f/m/d) 1
As "Senior Engineer Public Cloud" you understand the latest developments in cloud and container technology. You will develop and enhance our Open Telekom Cloud platform in a customer-oriented manner.
Do you like?
- Solve complex problems in the daily operation of a hyper-scaler's cloud backend
- Work hardware-oriented at the console and get your hands "dirty"
- Develop and operate monitoring and quality assurance
- Consistently automate with common automation frameworks
- Work in a team of specialists where everyone helps each other in an open and trusting manner#EHE_TSI#
You have completed studies in a technical, engineering or scientific subject or comparable professional training and have 5-7 years of professional experience in IT with a focus on modern cloud technologies.
In addition, you bring the following skills and knowledge to the job:
- Very good knowledge of software defined networks, routing, firewalls and physical networks
- Extensive knowledge in infrastructure automation and also Strong experience in Linux and network related services
- High level of customer focus and Knowledge of agile development processes
- Ability to assess technical solutions and come up with creative approaches
- OpenStack and programming experience in open source projects is a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English
You will be working in the European Union to meet our customers' data security and privacy requirements
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
What we offer
With us there are not only full-time jobs - we also offer this position on a part-time basis.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
We run Open Telekom Cloud! Open Telekom Cloud is a public cloud standard product based on open source community software and driven by principles of DevSecOps. Lean structures, agile methods, highly motivated teams and an extremely dynamic business environment determine our actions. With this customer-oriented and agile orientation, we are the anchor point for the Public Cloud business in Deutsche Telekom Group.
We are measured by delivering a secure, stable and innovative platform. We work jointly with our platform partner and other partners out of the OpenStack ecosystem to create a highly innovative public cloud product based on European security and data protection standards.
We are looking for people who are professionals and evangelists with a great deal of enthusiasm for cloud technology and who are up to the challenges created by the development and operation of a hyper-scale public cloud.
We offer a unique insight into how a large public cloud works under the hood, intercultural teamwork, flat hierarchies, and an independent working-style.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.