Senior Enterprise Architect (m/f/d)
As a Senior Enterprise Architect (m/f/d) you can improve the lives of millions of people with your personality, your passion and your technical know-how.You are responsible for the entire interaction of components, systems and functions from the network to the customer contact point. When drafting your target vision for innovative products, you will work in a seven-person, international team of architects closely with our other national companies (NatCos), IT-Specialists, product-, design- and development teams from all other corporate areas.
- You are responsible for all interactions between components, systems and functions from the network to the customer interaction point
- You are responsible for the implementation of the architectural concepts in product development and services
- You will identify innovations in technology fields and actively participate in the implementation within the group and in industry
- You control architecture and design activities, including large strategic and international projects and programs, and provide comprehensive advice to top management
- Develop a comprehensive vision of goals that includes overarching business recquirements and implications for sustainability
- Coordinate and prepare concepts, guidelines and other documents for the affected segments
- Manage architecture and design activities – including major strategic and international projects and programs – and are also responsible for the consolidation and coordination of all services
- Advising the top-level management on technological and architectural issues related to system development and integration
- Drive architecture specifications and design patterns for the development of digital architectures based on microservices
- You are responsible for the strategic direction taking into account new tools, technologies and solutions
- Lead international design teams and involve our engineering teams to solve problems at their root cause
You have a university degree with a focus on computer science or a comparable qualification and have more than 10 years of professional experience in the IT architecture environment (Solution-, including technical, integration, data and application architecture).
- Proven experience in developing end-to-end solutions for implementation in multiple countries, as well as working with and leading international design teams in developing great solutions
- Proven experience in the development and design of the integration in a hybrid application landscape, consisting of older applications, both COTS and in-house applications as well as microservices that are provided using open source
- Practical experience in the development and implementation of microservice solutions with container-based technologies such as Docker, Swarm, Compose and Kubernetes
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the implementation of technology prototypes, proof of concepts and reference implementations for new technologies
- Excellent experience in leading strategic/overarching projects
- Intercultural experience in offshore projects and excellent experience in agile methods (Scrum)
- Excellent communication skills
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
What we offer
With us there are not only full-time jobs - we also offer this position on a part-time basis.
Home office/mobile working possible
Whether in the office or from any other location - mobile working is no problem for us. Working from home is part of our professional everyday life and is supported by digital platforms.
Healthy eating in the company of colleagues - our on-site canteen makes it possible. Here you can choose from a large selection of hot and cold dishes in comfort and only a few minutes away from your office.
Flexible working hours
Room for professional and private challenges - with our flexible working time models, we offer the opportunity to work self-determined. Exactly as it suits life and your current situation.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
IT Steering is part of the Technology and Innovation board department and is responsible for telecommunications services such as cloud networking, unified communication and in-house solutions, as well as connectivity and voice services from Deutsche Telekom. Within the Technology Europe department, the European IT Steering (EU IT) department is responsible for reliable IT support for Deutsche Telekom’s roadmap and in coordination with the company’s IT and EU strategy. The demanding task of the EU solutions department is to provide high quality, safe and powerful solutions for an international environment.
Another goal is to reduce DTAG’s cash-out and to develop the highest possible added value based on EU-wide and country-specific priorities for IT spending. These requirements are achieved through effective governance, which ensures successful management of the IT business in the subsidiaries of Deutsche Telekom (national companies, “Natcos”).
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.