Senior Expert BigData & AI Public Cloud (m/f/d)
As a "Senior Expert BigData & AI Public Cloud" you understand the latest developments in the area of Cloud, BigData and Artificial Intelligence. You drive the further development of the OpenStack Cloud platform of the Open Telekom Cloud in the interest of customers and the OpenSource community.
This includes the following tasks:
- You will drive the further development of the Open Telekom Cloud towards PaaS and SaaS BigData and AI services using agile development methods (DevOps)
- Planning the individual product features according to strategic specifications
- Technical and scheduling coordination
- Coordination of future PaaS/SaaS features
- Programming of prototypes for proof-of-concepts and/or new services
- You do not do a manual task twice, but you consistently automate using common automation frameworks
- You design, program and implement Artifical Intelligence and Machine Learning Services on the Open Telekom Cloud Platform
- You will use Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence technologies to develop new ideas and products or to optimize the operation of the platform
- You will work together with specialists from our team and other Deutsche Telekom teams on the technology topics of Public Cloud, Open Source and Security
- You work closely together with the architects of key customers and are a trusted consultant for the Public Cloud technology
- You will prepare materials for presentations and advise management on technology decisions
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, a technical, engineering or natural science subject or a comparable vocational training with many years of professional experience
- 5-7 years of professional experience in the ICT sector, ideally with a focus on Cloud Technologies (Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based, Kubernetes, Terraform) or excellent networking with the relevant OpenSource communities and many years of experience in OpenSource projects
- Very deep knowledge in Machine Learning, Data Mining and Information Retrieval and in the creation of Artificial Intelligence Analytics Services
- In-depth knowledge in the development of secure scale-out cloud applications as well as the necessary technological building blocks and tools (e.g. PaaS frameworks with CloudFoundry/OpenShift/Docker)
- In-depth knowledge of system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux network and storage, system tools) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies
- Daily routine in handling the Linux-/Unix command line
- Good knowledge of agile development processes as well as experience in the close integration of development and application operation in the cloud (DevOps, CI/CD, CT)
- Experience with modern tools for collaboration in an agile environment (e.g. GitHub, JIRA, Confluence)
- In-depth knowledge and experience in creating a proof-of-concept with the help of necessary scripting languages and other tools for testing the concepts in practice
- Detailed knowledge of SW development with Python and at least one other language (e.g. Go)
- Distinct ability to evaluate technical solutions and make necessary decisions in the solution
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. German is a strong plus
- You will work in the European Union to meet the data security and privacy requirements of our customers
In addition, you ideally have experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Big Data concepts and Data Warehouse development processes and techniques (e.g. ELK, MapReduce, Data Ingest, noSQL, Spark, Hive, Hadoop)
- Creation of Artificial Intelligence Analytics Services and presentation of complex relationships in automated dashboards
- Neuronal Networks, Machine Learning, Tensorflow, Keras and Pytorch
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
What we offer
With us there are not only full-time jobs - we also offer this position on a part-time basis.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
As Portfolio Unit Public Cloud Managed Services of T-Systems, ICT and digitization are part of our DNA. Whether operational ICT business or cloud transformation, individual services or end-to-end solutions - we accompany our customers safely through all stages of their transformation. Because we understand what it takes to prepare our customers for the digital future with innovative solutions.
The Public Cloud Product Unit operates on a national and international level, for medium-sized and large companies. With the new Managed Services Public Cloud, we develop, market and operate agile, cloud-native, forward-looking products and services for the digital world. We see ourselves as innovation drivers and make our customers' business fit for the digital future. Our mission: To be successful in tomorrow, we need to think now about the day after tomorrow - and always together with our customers.
In the Open Telekom Cloud Delivery, we have broken new ground and created an environment in which a completely new type of product based on open source community software is driven forward with the procedures and principles of a community approach. Lean structures, agile and innovative methods and procedures as well as an extremely innovation-driven environment determine our actions.
With this dynamic and agile orientation, we are the anchor point for the Public Cloud business area in the Deutsche Telekom Group.
We are measured by the delivery of innovative solutions from our platforms and we are consistently focused on this goal. Together with our platform partner and other partners from the OpenStack Ecosystem, we are working sustainably on the further development of the platform. Security and quality aspects are incorporated into the development right from the start in order to create a highly innovative and attractive public cloud product based on German and European security and data protection standards.
We are looking for you to join our team: people who are professionals and evangelists with a great deal of enthusiasm for technology and who will master this challenge together with us.
Would you like to work in international Scrum development teams from different cultures?
Do you like flat hierarchies, and do you have an independent working style?
Do you like varied challenges in dynamic agile teams?
Then you are the right person for us.
11 Locations Show all locations
- Bonn Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140
- Leinfelden-Echterdingen Fasanenweg 5
- Wolfsburg Alessandro-Volta-Str. 11
- Dresden Riesaer Str. 5
- Biere Am Schiens/ Welslebener Straße
- Darmstadt Heinrich-Hertz-Str. 1
- Frankfurt am Main Hahnstr. 43 a-d
- Munich Marsplatz 4
- Berlin Holzhauser Str. 4-8
- Hamburg Überseering 2
- Düsseldorf Am Seestern 3
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.