Senior Expert BigData & AI Public Cloud (m/f/d)
As a "Senior Expert BigData & AI Public Cloud" you understand the latest developments in the area of
Cloud, BigData and Artificial Intelligence. You drive the further development of the OpenStack Cloud
platform of the Open Telekom Cloud in the interest of customers and the OpenSource community.
This includes the following tasks:
· You will drive the further development of the Open Telekom Cloud towards PaaS and SaaS BigData
and AI services using agile development methods (DevOps)
o Planning the individual product features according to strategic specifications
o Technical and scheduling coordination
o Coordination of future PaaS/SaaS features
o Programming of prototypes for proof-of-concepts and/or new services
· You do not do a manual task twice, but you consistently automate using common automation
· You design, program and implement Artifical Intelligence and Machine Learning Services on the Open
Telekom Cloud Platform
· You will use Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence technologies to develop new ideas and products
or to optimize the operation of the platform
· You will work together with specialists from our team and other Deutsche Telekom teams on the
technology topics of Public Cloud, Open Source and Security
· You work closely together with the architects of key customers and are a trusted consultant for the
Public Cloud technology
· You will prepare materials for presentations and advise management on technology decisions
· Degree in computer science, mathematics, a technical, engineering or natural science subject or a
comparable vocational training with many years of professional experience
· 5-7 years of professional experience in the ICT sector, ideally with a focus on Cloud Technologies
(Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based, Kubernetes, Terraform) or excellent networking with the
relevant OpenSource communities and many years of experience in OpenSource projects
· Very deep knowledge in Machine Learning, Data Mining and Information Retrieval and in the creation
of Artificial Intelligence Analytics Services
· In-depth knowledge in the development of secure scale-out cloud applications as well as the
necessary technological building blocks and tools (e.g. PaaS frameworks with
· In-depth knowledge of system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux network and storage, system
tools) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies
· Daily routine in handling the Linux-/Unix command line
· Good knowledge of agile development processes as well as experience in the close integration of
development and application operation in the cloud (DevOps, CI/CD, CT)
· Experience with modern tools for collaboration in an agile environment (e.g. GitHub, JIRA,
· In-depth knowledge and experience in creating a proof-of-concept with the help of necessary scripting
languages and other tools for testing the concepts in practice
· Detailed knowledge of SW development with Python and at least one other language (e.g. Go)
· Distinct ability to evaluate technical solutions and make necessary decisions in the solution
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken. German is a strong plus
· You will work in the European Union to meet the data security and privacy requirements of our
In addition, you ideally have experience in at least one of the following areas:
· Big Data concepts and Data Warehouse development processes and techniques (e.g. ELK,
MapReduce, Data Ingest, noSQL, Spark, Hive, Hadoop)
· Creation of Artificial Intelligence Analytics Services and presentation of complex relationships in
· Neuronal Networks, Machine Learning, Tensorflow, Keras and Pytorch
Your application to job advertisements outside of Deutsche Telekom AG may also be processed outside
of Deutsche Telekom AG in other countries in Europe. This also applies to the processing of applications
to subsidiaries of Deutsche Telekom AG. We would therefore like to make our employees with civil
servant status aware of the following: you are not obligated to include documents relevant to your
personnel records, in particular civil servant assessments. However, you are free to provide these
documents on a voluntary basis.
This position is also available on part-time basis.
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
For job-related questions please contact Oana Dumitru (email@example.com).
What we offer
Home office/mobile working possible
Whether in the office or from any other location - mobile working is no problem for us. Working from home is part of our professional everyday life and is supported by digital platforms.
Connection to public transport
Start your working day relaxed and without stressful rush hour traffic - our location is well connected to public transport and the next stop is just around the corner.
Healthy eating in the company of colleagues - our on-site canteen makes it possible. Here you can choose from a large selection of hot and cold dishes in comfort and only a few minutes away from your office.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
Every year again... - we are happy to give our employees an additional gift in the form of a Christmas bonus.
Well insured - our offer to all employees includes an employer-financed life insurance.
As Portfolio Unit Public Cloud Managed Services of T-Systems, ICT and digitization are part of our DNA.
Whether operational ICT business or cloud transformation, individual services or end-to-end solutions -
we accompany our customers safely through all stages of their transformation. Because we understand
what it takes to prepare our customers for the digital future with innovative solutions.
The Public Cloud Product Unit operates on a national and international level, for medium-sized and
large companies. With the new Managed Services Public Cloud, we develop, market and operate
agile, cloud-native, forward-looking products and services for the digital world. We see ourselves as
innovation drivers and make our customers' business fit for the digital future. Our mission: To be
successful in tomorrow, we need to think now about the day after tomorrow - and always together with
In the Open Telekom Cloud Delivery, we have broken new ground and created an environment in
which a completely new type of product based on open source community software is driven forward
with the procedures and principles of a community approach. Lean structures, agile and innovative
methods and procedures as well as an extremely innovation-driven environment determine our
With this dynamic and agile orientation, we are the anchor point for the Public Cloud business area in
the Deutsche Telekom Group.
We are measured by the delivery of innovative solutions from our platforms and we are consistently
focused on this goal. Together with our platform partner and other partners from the OpenStack
Ecosystem, we are working sustainably on the further development of the platform. Security and
quality aspects are incorporated into the development right from the start in order to create a highly
innovative and attractive public cloud product based on German and European security and data
We are looking for you to join our team: people who are professionals and evangelists with a great
deal of enthusiasm for technology and who will master this challenge together with us.
Would you like to work in international Scrum development teams from different cultures?
Do you like flat hierarchies, and do you have an independent working style?
Do you like varied challenges in dynamic agile teams?
Then you are the right person for us.
23 Locations Show all locations
- Granada Avda. Del Conocimiento s/n
- Zaragoza ALFONSO I 24
- Vigo OPORTO 10
- Valencia CORTES VALENCIANAS 58
- Seville DE LA ESCLUSA 11
- Reus CAMI DE VALLS 81
- Pamplona LANDABEN
- Móstoles DE LAS NIEVES ED.RN 37
- Coslada ISLANDIA 10-12 10
- Bilbao MADARIAGA 1
- Ansóain AIZOAIN 10
- Vitoria P. CLEMENTE ARRAIZ 3
- Avila JORGE RUIZ DE SANTAY 20
- San Sebastian ILLARRA DE ESTRADA 111
- Santander LA ALBERICIA 41
- Palma de Mallorca GREMI FUSTERS 33
- Oviedo PALACIO VALDES 15
- Martorell N-II KM. 585
- Madrid ORDUÑA 2
- Leon VIRGEN DE LOS IMPOS. 216
- La Coruña POCOMACO PARCELA E36 NAV3
- Gijón LOS PRADOS. ED.C.TEC 166
- Barcelona Sancho de Ávila 110-130
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.