Senior Machine Learning Scientist (focus on Recommendation Engines)
About the Team
You will be part of a cross-functional team in AI One Conversation project which plans to personalize & individualize customer interaction for Deutsche Telekom’s customers across different touchpoints (e.g. Website, App, Call Center, in-shop, TV product, etc.). AI One conversation is the tool for extensive customer experience with predictive, proactive and personalized responses to all our customers.
We are working with cutting-edge technology including modern architecture for 360-degree contextualized information about our customers, including what they did on our websites, in the apps, what they talked about with our call center or customer care, etc., to really “know” our customers and be able to better individualize our interaction for them.
What will you do?
- Deliver machine learning components and pipelines into real-time production systems at large scale (millions of DT customers).
- Work closely with business to understand the problem space, identify the opportunities and formulate potential solution hypotheses.
- Use machine learning, data mining, statistical techniques and other methods to create actionable, meaningful, and scalable solutions increasing our customers satisfaction.
- Extract, and analyze relevant information from large amounts of data and derive useful insights.
- Work with software engineering teams to deliver production systems with your ML models
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation (including online A/B testing) and model implementation based on state-of-the-art (open-source) libraries and components
- Build and maintain innovative machine learning model training, scoring & evaluation libraries - for use in production environment
What will you bring along?
- Motivation to build products that delight our customers
- A mindset of continuous learning, willingness to share knowledge and learn from others
- Ability to innovate and find solutions to complex problems
- A perfect balance between being a strong individual contributor and an empathic team player
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders in the company
What do you need to have?
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in machine learning, predictive modeling and analysis, where knowledge in deep learning and reinforcement learning is a plus
- Working knowledge of recommendation algorithms (next-best-action, content ranking, content recommendations)
- Experience in developing and delivering end-to-end solutions (moving beyond pure data science), preferable based on real world distributed systems
- Proficiency with data systems, ML Tools, workflow tools (such as KubeFlow, or Airflow) and at least one programming language, preferably Python
- Knowledge around Apache Spark is a plus
- Ability to deliver with limited guidance, working on problems that are not structured
- Familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. version control (Git/GitLab), unit testing, code reviews, design documentation
- Master (MSc) in Machine Learning, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or another related field
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. designs, operates and steers the joint pan-European network ("Pan-Net") of Deutsche Telekom. The company is a member of the Deutsche Telekom Group with head quarter in Bratislava and locations in Europe.
Deutsche Telekom PanNet is building the capabilities for Deutsche Telekom’s future centralized production platform across Europe.
"We enable smart digital societies" – as essential part of DT strategy. To successfully implement the strategy, we want to enable a flexible and easy setup of projects to explore and develop new products and services. That's why DT group launched the Innovation Hub. The Innovation Hub consists of the six Chapters Product Management, Project Management, Software Development, Artificial Intelligence & Data Science, Design / User Experience and Hardware Development.
It bundles all necessary competencies for future innovation projects within the division Technology & Innovation. The specialists, who are organized in competence centers, are flexibly and effectively used in innovation projects and increase the innovative strength of the Group - in products, technologies and methods.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) will process your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within Deutsche Telekom AG Group: Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Services Europe Romania S.R.L, 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Depending on the location, where the position for which you apply is open, your data will be processed by the respective local Pan-Net entity as a controller. The respective Pan-Net entity is one of the following entities:
- For positions in Greece: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Greece, having its seat at 59-61 Agiou Konstantinou street, 15124, Amaroussion, Attica, Greece
- For positions in Romania: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Romania having its seat at B-dul. Dimitrie Pompei nr. 9-9A, Iride Business Park Cladirea 20, Floor 3, Sector 2, Bucharest, Romania
- For positions in Croatia: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Croatia having its seat at Vrbani 4, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
- For positions in Hungary: Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Hungary having its seat at 1117 Budapest, Infopark sétány 3, Hungary
- For positions in Poland Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net Poland having its seat at ul. Marynarska 12, 02-674 Warsaw, Poland.
All other information about processing of your data provided above apply regardless of Pan-Net entity as controller.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is:
- Romania: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Croatia: email@example.com.
- Hungary: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Poland: email@example.com.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.