Senior Network Engineer - Public Cloud (Growth Portfolio) (Budapest)
As a "Senior Architect Network Public Cloud" you understand the latest developments of physical or virtual networks in cloud and container technology. You drive the further development of the network in our OpenStack-based cloud platform in the interest of customers and the OpenSource community.
This includes the following tasks:
- You will be involved in the design, operation and further development of OpenStack-based services on the Open Telekom Cloud Platform in the network area in close contact with the manufacturers.
- You plan and drive automation using common automation frameworks.
- You further develop the physical and virtual network architecture, taking IT security aspects into account.
- You will work together with specialists from our team and other Deutsche Telekom teams on the technology topics of public cloud, open source and security.
- You will prepare materials for presentations and advise management on technology decisions.
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, a technical, engineering or natural science subject or a comparable vocational training with many years of professional experience.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in the ICT sector, ideally with a focus on modern Cloud technologies (Public Clouds, preferably OpenStack-based, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Past experience with OpenSource projects is a plus.
- Very good knowledge of Linux Networking.
- Familiarity with Software Defined Networks is a huge advantage.
- Experience with Automation e.g. with Ansible.
- Agile mindset.
- Willingness to create proof-of-concepts with the help of necessary scripting languages and other tools for testing the concepts in practice.
- Excellent ability to assess technical solutions and to make the necessary decisions when solving them.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
Present in the market under the Deutsche Telekom IT Solutions brand name, IT-Services Hungary (ITSH) is a subsidiary of the Deutsche Telekom Group and is the largest ICT employer in Hungary. Established in 2006, the company provides a wide portfolio of IT and telecommunications services with more than 4500 employees. ITSH was awarded with the Best in Educational Cooperation prize by HIPA in 2019, acknowledged as one of the most attractive workplaces by PwC Hungary’s independent survey and rewarded with the title of the Most Ethical Multinational Company in 2019. The company continuously develops its four sites in Budapest, Debrecen, Pécs and Szeged and is looking for skilled IT professionals to join its team.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.