Senior Software Engineer (Java, Backend, Cloud)
What we are looking for:
We are growing our Innovation Hub Athens team and we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
You would be employed by Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net but work in the Innovation Hub projects of Deutsche Telekom Group.
What will you bring with you?
- Motivation to build products that delight our customers.
- Willingness to continuously learn, share knowledge and learn from others.
- Ability to innovate and find scalable solutions to complex problems in agile teams.
- Effective communication with different stakeholders in the project you are working in and beyond.
Technology stack we are working with:
This is not a comprehensive list, just an indication what to expect
- Development for cloud components is mainly done in Java/Kotlin using SpringBoot
- CI/CD pipelines for release and deployment processes are supported by Python and CLI tools
- MS Azure or AWS are used as a cloud infrastructure service including managed services (databases, storage, cloud machines, message brokers etc.)
- Main technologies for the micro-service architecture approach are Docker & Kubernetes
- Gitlab is used for version control and CI/CD
- University Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years experience in professional software development
- Expert knowledge of Java and SpringBoot
- Proficiency in Git version control
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services like Azure or AWS (desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of English (verbal and written)
- Experience in coaching junior colleagues
- Proficiency in GitLab
- Experience with Python and Kotlin
- Strong understanding of infrastructure automation, CI/CD, security, networks, and cloud-native applications
- Experience with event driven architecture
- Understanding of machine learning engineering
Who is this position for?
The ideal candidate is learning constantly, open for feedback and believes in software craftsmanship principles and wants to deliver customer centric experiences that scale fast enough to impact our business.
Benefits & Work environment
- Competitive compensation package including medical service, learning platforms, vouchers, benefit scheme and an attractive yearly bonus payment.
- Being part of a multi-national software engineering community.
- Working in a delightful office environment meeting like-minded people with the option of remote work.
- We cover the cost if relocation is necessary
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
At Deutsche Telekom's Innovation Hub we are working in agile innovation projects, creating extraordinary customer experiences, including voice assistants, hyper-personalization and the connection of our services at home. We are working with modern technology and micro-service architecture with an API-first approach.
What is Deutsche Telekom
Deutsche Telekom is one of the world's leading integrated telecommunications companies, with some 248 million mobile customers, 26 million fixed-network lines, and 22 million broadband lines. Deutsche Telekom is present in more than 50 countries including the US.
Today, we are developing from a classic telephone company into a service company of a completely new type: the software company that sells telecommunications services. One thing is clear: Whether it involves the company’s products and services, market approach, production, or processes, Deutsche Telekom must digitalize in all areas to continue the successful journey it started years ago.
Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services is a multi-national company within Deutsche Telekom Group in Europe, focused on providing cloud-native platforms based, Software-Defined Networks and Network Function Virtualization.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services EPE. with its registered seat at 9 Fragkoklisias Str., 15125, Marousi of Attica, ID no. 134112901000 / 300378 (the “Company”) will process, as a controller, your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, information obtained during the online assessment, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group. You can find the information about entities belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group on the following link. If you participate in online assessment, your personal data may be transferred also to the USA to HireVue Inc., 10876 S River Front Pkwy Ste 600 South Jordan, Utah 84095, United States, and so based on EU standard contractual clauses and additional safeguards.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.