Site Reliability Engineer
This position is open in the following DT locations:
Key performance Indicators / Key responsibilities and deliverables:
- Development and operations of components for applications in DT’s data centers
- Provide and manage the lifecycle of virtualized resources, hosted within the datacenters
- Design and operations support (2nd line) for one of the following focus areas: CI/CD Infrastructure, SRE Infrastructure and supporting tools
- Budget responsibility: No
Detailed job description, responsibilities:
- Capacity management for provided resources, like networking, RAM, CPU, Storage, etc.
- Accountable for the set-up, management and support of the DevOps tools and virtualization functionality (that means e.g., monitoring, enable 1st line operations and execute 2nd level incident management, as well as problem-, change-management, terminate and retire old tools, propose/design solutions)
- Tool examples: CI/CD Platforms and tools (e.g., Gitlab, Artifactory, ArgoCD), monitoring and metrics tools (e.g., for alarming, load, performance, and observability)
- Monitoring/tracking performance of systems, dimensioning, and capacity planning with respect to future needs
- Responsible for preparation and administration of the technical documentation
University degree in technical area (Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems, or related field)
Professional knowledge, skills, know-how in the field & experience in the field:
Multiple years of experience in area of data center infrastructure and virtualization technologies with focus on one of the following knowledge areas IT HW, networking HW and SDN, Storage, CloudOS, and Cloud applications.
English language – fluent (excellent verbal and written communication skills)
Interpersonal, communication skills:
- Main interfaces for the position: TDI employees, DT, external 3rd parties
- Excellent team player and motivator
Other soft skills, competences:
- Highly collaborative
- Flexibility to travel
- Efficient communication
Excellent understanding and practical experience in at least one of the following domains
- Source Control
- Continuous Integration
- Configuration Management
- Deployment Automation
- Containers (e.g., Docker, LXC)
- Application Orchestration
- Cloud Platforms: opensource or commercial platforms, e.g., OpenStack, VMWare, AWS, Azure
Good general understanding system administration or development:
- Scripting languages: Python
- Programming languages: Go, Java
- Public/Private Cloud Platforms
- Application orchestration
- CI/CD processes and tools (e.g., Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Git, Ansible etc.)
- Knowledge of network hardware, TCP/IP, routing, switching, network security
Candidates with relevant certification preferred, e.g., Linux Administrators or General Application Development
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Do you want to work in one of the best engineering teams in the tech industry?
If yes, join us at TDI Deutsche Telekom where enthusiastic people shape the future of telecommunication, working on innovative and agile projects to create an extraordinary customer experience.
Who we are?
Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services was established in 2015 as part of Deutsche Telekom Group, Technology & Innovation Area, and part of Technology Delivery International (TDI).
TDI is a collection of experts teams spread across Europe, working together collaboratively with our NatCos (national companies) to enable relevant technologies for the delivery of core telco services to our customers in our many markets. Pan-Net focuses on building and scaling cloud based and network service platforms, delivering best network performance through continues optimization. We delight our customers by enabling innovative network automation solutions across the European Telco footprint. Besides the headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia there are other Pan-Net affiliated companies across Europe, and together with the TDI team in Germany, we leverage the power of all teams to provide best in class technology solutions.
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net bundles key competencies for future tech projects within the area of Technology & Innovation. Anchoring skill developments in learning opportunities on- and off-of-the job, is deeply imbedded in our corporate culture. Therefore, the technical experts, who are organized in chapters and tribes, are flexibly and effectively enabled to contribute towards Group's strategic focus of digitalization, cloudification and automation to become the Leading European Telco.
About the Team
We are enthusiastic, cross functional agile and cross border multicultural team solving most exciting cloud challenges in DT. We are designing, building and operating the cloud platform as Infrastructure as a code. We will support you to grow to help us in innovation and operational excellence.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services EPE. with its registered seat at 9 Fragkoklisias Str., 15125, Marousi of Attica, ID no. 134112901000 / 300378 (the “Company”) will process, as a controller, your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, information obtained during the online assessment, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group. You can find the information about entities belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group on the following link. If you participate in online assessment, your personal data may be transferred also to the USA to HireVue Inc., 10876 S River Front Pkwy Ste 600 South Jordan, Utah 84095, United States, and so based on EU standard contractual clauses and additional safeguards.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is email@example.com. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.