Site Reliability Engineering
As part of your responsibilities, you will work closely with Patrick Fischer, who serves as the Site Reliability Engineering chapter lead.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
You must have studied Telecommunication Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field to qualify for this job. You should also have excellent English language skills and at least 1-2 years of experience in the industry. Additionally, you should know several of the areas listed below:
- Linux system administration
- SRE and DevOps environments
- IT operations methodologies and processes like incident management, problem management, configuration management and crisis management
- Kubernetes cluster administration and usage
- Design and implementation of CICD pipelines
Understanding the following technologies is essential:
Development skills with:
- Shell scripts
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- You are a self-starter who takes pride in job ownership and crafts ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- You have a proactive, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
- You have the urge to deliver quickly and iterate fast
- You are experienced in contributing to a self-organising and collaborative team environment
- You have mentored, coached, and managed team members to bring out the best in them
- You have a passion for automation and working efficiently
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF THIS?
Good Question! Finally, the part you are interested in:
- Innovation culture combined with outstanding resources and capabilities
- A diverse team with continuous top rates on employee happiness
- International collaboration with top domain experts and inspiring leaders
- Influence on the digitalisation journey of millions of customers in a ground-breaking exponential age
- Collaborate on research, suggest/ develop solution prototypes to demonstrate the suitability and interoperability of chosen components, and write high-quality and efficient code.
- Contribute to a collaborative culture of ongoing mentorship and coaching for the team members.
- Be part of an independent self-managed team working with Agile, SCRUM, DevOps, CICD & SRE.
- Chip into opensource projects
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
WHO ARE WE?
Discover exceptional projects that promote social and environmental well-being alongside a community of like-minded individuals who offer unique perspectives and embrace challenges. And remember to have fun!
As a leading telecommunications company, Deutsche Telekom serves 242 million mobile customers, 27 million fixed-network lines, and 22 million broadband lines. We strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the digital world, whether you're at home or work.
Our commitment to our employees is long-term, with opportunities to work on innovative projects exploring the latest technologies and trends in product development. In addition, you’ll have the chance to expand your knowledge and network by collaborating with experts in areas like software development, automation, and cutting-edge telecommunication services.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services s.r.o. with its registered seat at Ružová dolina 6, 821 08 Bratislava, Slovakia, ID no. (IČO): 48 129 178 (the “Company”) will process your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, information obtained during the online assessment, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients within belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group. You can find the information about entities belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group on the following link. [LP1] : Deutsche Telekom Services Europe GmbH, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany; Deutsche Telekom Business Services S.R.L., 319G Splaiul Independentei, Bucharest, Romania; Deutsche Telekom AG, Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140, D-53113 Bonn, Germany. If you participate in online assessment, your personal data may be transferred also to the USA to HireVue Inc., 10876 S River Front Pkwy Ste 600 South Jordan, Utah 84095, United States, and so based on EU standard contractual clauses and additional safeguards.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Depending on the location, where the position for which you apply is open, your data will be processed by the respective local Cloud Services entity as a controller. The respective Cloud Services entity is one of the following entities:
- For positions in Greece: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services EE, having its seat at Fragkoklisias str. 9, 15125 Marousi of Attica, Athens, Greece
- For positions in Romania: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services S.R.L. having its seat at B-dul. Dimitrie Pompei nr. 9-9A, Iride Business Park Cladirea 20, Floor 3, Sector 2, Bucharest, Romania
- For positions in Croatia: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services d.o.o. having its seat at Radnicka cesta 21, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
- For positions in Hungary: Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services Kft. having its seat at 1117 Budapest, Infopark sétány 3, Hungary
- For positions in Poland Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services Sp. z o.o. having its seat at ul. Marynarska 12, 02-674 Warsaw, Poland.
All other information about processing of your data provided above apply regardless of Cloud Services entity as controller.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is:
- Slovakia: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Greece: email@example.com
- Romania: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Croatia: email@example.com
- Hungary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Poland: email@example.com
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.