Software Developer BE - Spring Boot
Join our international team and help us to create greenfield software for one of the biggest and most important projects in Deutsche Telekom Group. Being part of our team, you will have an impact on our 30 million Customers, who will use our product to request Fiber network access and products to their homes and company buildings and to track our progress of installing the fibre networks. Our product is a set of completely new and re-designed IT process and websites to support end-to-end processes.
We founded a Digital Hub called “Gigabit Business System” to foster these new marketing and sales processes in order to win customers already before rollout of the fiber infrastructure. This completely new business approach comprises presales activities, customer driven infrastructure rollout, real-time fulfillment in the case of connected homes and many more features.
We work internationally with more than 30 scrum teams based on the “SAFe 5 for Lean Enterprises” framework and recommendations. Our agile mindset enables us to start with minimal viable products (MVP) and improve them incrementally according to customers & internal feedback.
General information on the role
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer Backend (SW Dev. BE) to join an agile scrum team in our Gigabit project. You will get the chance to start as a member of a new team starting all together from the very beginning. Your role will be to develop microservices based cloud solutions with Spring Boot framework. We expect that you will support Team development, you will look for the most effective technologies and tools which we could use to build scalable solution and you will provide high quality products for our customers.
The official project communication and backlog description is done in English. Specific roles like Product Owners, Product Manager, Solution Engineers, Architects, etc. You work together are mainly located in Germany. SW Dev. BE candidates must be willing to work in distributed agile teams and to travel internationally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a "SW Dev. BE" you design and develop user-friendly IT solutions and services for our customers. Together with your team, you are responsible for new and further developments in the area of web-based systems supporting pre-sales and fibre-deployment processes.
Your essential duties will include
- New & further development of software for complex products and services with strategic relevance, considering holistic business requirements
- Working closely together with your teammates and requirement engineers (Product Owner, Business Analyst, etc.) in analyzing and implementing requirements
- Working closely together with other international scrum teams in the development and implementation of web applications and REST services
- Creation of software & solution designs as well as their documentation
- Supporting colleagues in the form of code reviews and pair programming
- Encouraging the further development of the less experienced developers in the team
- Supporting the complete lifecycle management of the software and services for which you are responsible from development to test support to production support
Some wishes related to your profile
- You have a university degree with a focus on computer science or a comparable qualification and already have several years of professional experience as a software engineer in agile teams. Furthermore, the following knowledge and skills distinguish you:
- Several years of professional development experience in Java / Spring Boot.
- Very good knowledge of software design patterns and their practical application
- Good knowledge in Play2 Framework, REST, Mockito-Scala, WireMock, Keycloak / OpenID Connect / OAuth2.0 / Swagger
- Good knowledge in change and configuration management of CI/CD pipelines/DevOps
- Good knowledge of virtualization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
Your knowledge on technology stacks
- Java 11 / Spring Boot
- Git (Gitlab)
- Kubernetes, Docker
Your test skills should cover
- Selenium, Gradle, Groovy, Postman / Newman / SoapUI
- Very strong ability to work in a team and agile mindset
- Hands-on experience in agile development methodologies and tools such as Scrum, Jira, Confluence
- Broad interests in software development, enjoys communication and is enthusiastic about learning on your own (on the job, conferences, communities, training) as well as implementing new ideas
What we offer
So far away and yet so close - in our international working environment, working across national borders is part of everyday life.
Who we are?
Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services was established in 2015 as part of Deutsche Telekom Group, Technology & Innovation Area, and part of Technology Delivery International (TDI).
TDI is a collection of experts teams spread across Europe, working together collaboratively with our NatCos (national companies) to enable relevant technologies for the delivery of core telco services to our customers in our many markets. Pan-Net focuses on building and scaling cloud based and network service platforms, delivering best network performance through continues optimization. We delight our customers by enabling innovative network automation solutions across the European Telco footprint. Besides the headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia there are other Pan-Net affiliated companies across Europe, and together with the TDI team in Germany, we leverage the power of all teams to provide best in class technology solutions.
Deutsche Telekom Pan-Net bundles key competencies for future tech projects within the area of Technology & Innovation. Anchoring skill developments in learning opportunities on- and off-of-the job, is deeply imbedded in our corporate culture. Therefore, the technical experts, who are organized in chapters and tribes, are flexibly and effectively enabled to contribute towards Group's strategic focus of digitalization, cloudification and automation to become the Leading European Telco.
Data Privacy Information and Consent with Processing of Personal Data
Please be informed that by replying to the job offer, the company Deutsche Telekom Cloud Services EPE. with its registered seat at 9 Fragkoklisias Str., 15125, Marousi of Attica, ID no. 134112901000 / 300378 (the “Company”) will process, as a controller, your personal data in the following scope: academic title, name, surname, photography, contact details (e-mail address, address, phone number), information about achieved education, previous working experience, other information that are included in your CV/motivation letter, information obtained during the online assessment, and so for the purpose of participation in a selection process for the job position that you are applying for.
Your personal data will be processed for the period of 6 months. Legal basis for processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest of the Company under art. 6(1)(f) of GDPR to select the right candidate for the vacant position from all job applicants. Please note that processing of personal data is prerequisite for participation in selection process. If you do not provide us with your data, you cannot participate in the selection process for concrete job position. Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
Your personal data will be provided only to the following recipients belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group. You can find the information about entities belonging to Deutsche Telekom AG Group on the following link. If you participate in online assessment, your personal data may be transferred also to the USA to HireVue Inc., 10876 S River Front Pkwy Ste 600 South Jordan, Utah 84095, United States, and so based on EU standard contractual clauses and additional safeguards.
With respect to the processing of your personal data you have the following rights: (i) to request access to your personal data, (ii) to correct your personal data, (iii) to erase your personal data, (iv) to limit the processing of your personal data, (v) to object processing of your personal data, (vi) to the portability of your personal data, (vii) to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, (viii) to withdraw your consent with processing, if granted.
Contact for provision of additional information about the protection and processing of your personal data is email@example.com. Additional information about data privacy you can find on the following link.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.