Sustainability Engineer Public Cloud (m/f/d)
As a "Sustainability Engineer Public Cloud" you understand the latest developments in the areas of cloud and sustainability. You will develop concepts for our Open Telekom Cloud, especially in the area of Green IT, and implement them with measurable success.
Do you like?
- Develop and implement sustainability concepts and standards for a public cloud as responsible project manager
- Design and monitor innovations increasing measurably sustainability
- Prepare and manage external audits and certifications of our platform
- Be a trusted advisor to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop marketing as well as communication concepts and research market trends on Green-IT
- Design and conduct training courses
You have an university degree in a technical, engineering or scientific subject or comparable professional training with at least 1-3 years of professional experience in IT, ideally with cloud technologies.
In addition, you bring the following knowledge and experience with you:
- Some experience with operating systems (e.g. Linux) and virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of sustainability concepts and their implementation in IT
- Basics of optimizing energy and heat consumption, pollutant emissions and recycling
- Insight into one of the following is a plus: site management, enterprise server solutions, enterprise storage solutions, rack-level power design/management
- Knowledge of agile development processes
- Ability to assess technical solutions and come up with creative approaches
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- You will be working in the European Union to meet our customers' data security and privacy requirements
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
What we offer
With us there are not only full-time jobs - we also offer this position on a part-time basis.
Flexible working hours
Room for professional and private challenges - with our flexible working time models, we offer the opportunity to work self-determined. Exactly as it suits life and your current situation.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
We run Open Telekom Cloud! Open Telekom Cloud is a public cloud standard product based on open source community software and driven by principles of DevSecOps. Lean structures, agile methods, highly motivated teams and an extremely dynamic business environment determine our actions. With this customer-oriented and agile orientation, we are the anchor point for the Public Cloud business in Deutsche Telekom Group.
We are measured by delivering a secure, stable and innovative platform. We work jointly with our platform partner and other partners out of the OpenStack ecosystem to create a highly innovative public cloud product based on European security and data protection standards.
We are looking for people who are professionals and evangelists with a great deal of enthusiasm for cloud technology and who are up to the challenges created by the development and operation of a hyper-scale public cloud.
We offer a unique insight into how a large public cloud works under the hood, intercultural teamwork, flat hierarchies and an independent working-style.
11 Locations Show all locations
- Frankfurt am Main Hahnstr. 43d
- Düsseldorf Am Seestern 3
- Bonn Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 140
- Leinfelden-Echterdingen Fasanenweg 5
- Wolfsburg Alessandro-Volta-Str. 11
- Dresden Riesaer Str. 5
- Biere Am Schiens/ Welslebener Straße
- Darmstadt Heinrich-Hertz-Str. 1
- Munich Marsplatz 4
- Berlin Holzhauser Str. 4-8
- Hamburg Überseering 2
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.