YOUR CAREER JOURNEY STARTS HERE!
- T-Systems Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Cyberjaya, Malaysia
- Job level:
- Young Professional
- Employment type:
- Application Deadline:
- Experience Required:
- 1-3 years
- Amount of Travel:
- Functional Area:
- ICT / IT Operations
1. Role Purpose:
The Systems Engineer is responsible to provide technical support to the technical resources and customer to assists in providing production software rollout services.
APPLIES TO ALL TEAMS
- Contribute as a global team member in delivery of systems integration and engineering solutions for global enterprise messaging platform / global enterprise messaging/SharePoint/DWP/SCCM/Citrix
- Ensure service availability of the DSC/DWP/SharePoint/SCCM/Citrix infrastructure within the agreed service level.
- Proactively identify and address potential issues such as performance degradation and security / vulnerability issues.
- Plan, manage and execute infrastructural changes; in accordance to standard change management protocol.
- Handle project/ complex orders and request fulfillment in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist application support team in troubleshooting in DSC/DWP/SharePoint/SCCM/Citrix application related issues.
- Generate standard operation reports for Operations Manager and Service Delivery Managers.
- Assist application support team in troubleshooting in DSC/DWP/SharePoint application related issues.
- Assist in the execution of process improvement projects to increase productivity.
- Identify and determine areas of improvement and initiate process improvement projects to increase productivity.
- Inherits the DSC/DWP/SharePoint Engineer (Level 1) Accountability and Responsibility as and when required to ensure business continuity.
- Inherits the DSC/DWP/SharePoint /SCCM/ Citrix Engineer (Level 1) Accountability and Responsibility as and when required to ensure business continuity.
- Deliver coaching/ knowledge transfer/ classroom trainings to Level 1 & 2.
- Ensure effective incident management, problem analysis and solving conducted in aligns with ITIL framework.
- Ensure the performance and quality of services being delivered to customers is meeting requirements and agreed service levels through ITIL standard
- Ensure services provided meets requirement of SLA, including agreed quality to ensure delivery within designated key measures and service description.
- Delivers results in conformance with T-Systems standards.
- In the event of a major incident, the engineer is expected to be able to represent T-Systems in a professional manner in engaging with customers and possibly other suppliers to resolve the issues.
- Practical hands on implementation of Microsoft Windows Network infrastructure, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Sites and Services, Cluster/NLB, SMTP, HyperV Infrastructure and Storage.
- Understands projects, their impact on the organization and importance of stakeholder management.
- Advance understanding of business/customer landscape in terms of server/infrastructures and hosted services on the systems.
- Fulfil desirable results contractually obligated with customer on a consistent manner to ensure fulfilment of business & technical criteria within agreed time line.
- Depth knowledge in number of technologies areas, Active Directory Federation Services, AD LDAP, Replication, AD performance troubleshooting and AD Disaster Recovery, Group Policy implementation, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Security and Administration of AD SharePoint/SCOM environment.
- Includes all activities mentioned in Beginner’s Level
- Participate in major Incident Technical meetings to provide feedback/updates/ technical consultation to the manager on-duty; including the customer.
- Perform DWP/SharePoint/SCOM infrastructure issue troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- To conduct induction and training to technical members in DWP/SharePoint/SCOM process and procedures to ensure consistent process knowledge in the team.
- Provide technical leadership to technical resources, external suppliers and customers in Dynamic Workplace (DWP)/SharePoint infrastructure system to reach operation prudent and readiness. This is to ensure service objectives and KPI are met.
- Provide technical support service in analyzing, fixing and resolving Dynamic Workplace (DWP) / SharePoint infrastructure issues, as well as providing input for respective technical team and external suppliers for root cause analysis.
- Technical analysis and on one's own solution assessment, including full cost calculation
- Perform acceptance, problem analysis and specification with focus on Dynamic Workplace (DWP) / SharePoint infrastructure solution according to customer requirement.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate technical troubleshooting activities to ensure DWP / SharePoint infrastructure sustainability and constant improvement in operations.
- To consult and mentor technical resources (all respective technical team, OPM, SDM & customers) concerning troubleshooting procedures and standards to be used during operation team compliance with ITIL and DWP / SharePoint operation team.
- To assist team of order management, service delivery management, technical support analysts and leaders, having responsibility for their operational effectiveness and performance in line with contracted SLA to avoid contractual penalties.
- To ensure the interfaces and relationships with other T-systems and cross bundle support groups and customer segment are clearly established and provide guidance to team members on the technical and administrative processes involved.
- Ensure consistent and accurate project progress and timeline report to be provided to customer and immediate superior for progress and performance tracking purpose.
- Ensure consistent and effective operation processes & practices are in place. Ensuring the smooth day to day operation of the service. This is to ensure consistent delivery of service in accordance to service description.
- Ensure consistent involvement and cooperation in international projects, in order to work in an international team together with external suppliers, technical experts and support.
- To prepare process and technical documentation related to Dynamic Workplace (DWP) processes in accordance to service description.
- Track and follow up on all incident tickets escalated to other component teams, ensure that the tickets are attended to and resolved within agreed service level.
- Responsible in major Incident Technical meetings to provide feedback/updates/ technical consultation to the manager on-duty; including the customer.
- Take ownership of all technical issues related to the DSC/DWP/SharePoint infrastructure and ensure all incidents are resolved within the agreed service level.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis on chronic issues and major incidents.
- Includes all activities mentioned in Beginner’s Level
- Prepare and constantly update incident ticket to ensure all analyzed finding based on fault analysis documented in incident ticket and available to all units concerned.
- Provide analysis and requirements specification for the operation of cloud workplace / SharePoint solutions.
- Perform system design, development and optimization of system architectures.
- Developing migration /Monitoring concepts and improvement and enhancement of new or correction and optimization of existing solutions.
- Develop expert solutions for our customers using mainstreamed and/or specialized and/or new products.
- Well versed in security, system performance, troubleshooting, clustering, and fluent in scripting.
- To fulfil desirable results contractually obligated with customer on a consistent manner to ensure fulfilment of business & technical criteria within agreed time line.
- Complex technology integration, including network infrastructure, application integration, virtualization cross platforms, and various infrastructure platforms.
5. QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, BEHAVIOR)
- University degree in Computer Science/IT/Engineering or equivalent technical or professional qualification with:
- 2-3 years of experience in a relevant field of activity for Beginner Level.
- 4-7 years of experience in a relevant field of activity for Intermediate Level.
- Fresh Graduates are encouraged to apply for entry level. Must possess University degree in IT or equivalent technical or professional qualification.
- Certified in ITIL to empower proper standards and procedures.
- Have experience working with various software and hardware technologies e.g. Microsoft Windows 2012, Hyper-V, VMware, XenApp, XenDesktop, Provisioning Server, Netscaler, MS SCCM, SCOM, SCVMM, and SCDPM.
- Knowledge and operational experience in System Center Suite (SCVMM, HyperV, SCCM, SCOM, SCDPM)
- Knowledge and operational experience in Microsoft OCS/LYNC and Blackberry 5/10 within a large enterprise / in File Server and Print Services.
- Knowledge and operational experience in Microsoft Sharepoint (2010/2013) /Cloud Cockpit and Cloud Control Center within a large enterprise.
- Practical experience in AD migration/ Exchange/ LYNC migration/ Blackberry upgrade/migration.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Forefront Identify Manager.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2005,2008, 2012.
- Knowledge and experience of Power Shell scripting.
- Knowledge in Mobility Solutions (Airwatch, Good Enterprise).
- Knowledge and operational experience of backup / recovery technologies; advanced troubleshooting skills in network operating system and storage technologies (Windows 2008/2012, RAID, SAN, NAS), infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP) and service availability management (DRS & HA).
- Knowledge and experience in ITIL process framework such as Incident/Problem Management, Change/Release Management and Asset/Configuration Management.
- Well-founded knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8) and virtualization solution & architecture (Hyper-V, VMWARE, Citrix XenApp, Xen Desktop, NetScaler, AppV, VisionApp- vADM).
- Expert knowledge in MS BackOffice products (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Exchange, File & Print service)
- Good understanding in area of services within DWP/SCCM/Citrix technology
- Good knowledge in Software and Hardware behaviour
- Good understanding on application integrations
- Have basic knowledge in scripting
- Having knowledge on OS services such as IIS, WSUS, DHCP, FnP, WDS, DFS, DNS, AD.
- Having knowledge in Microsoft Windows Server & clients, SQL Database, Network infrastructure, HyperV Infrastructure and Storage,
- Good knowledge in interaction of FAT Client, Thin Client, Mobile Devices .
- Deep Knowledge in virtualization: MS HyperV, VMware ESX, Citrix, MS Terminal Services, XenApp, Xen Desktop
- Deep knowledge in SCDPM, SCOM, Netscaler, Azure, Intune, Citrix Provisioning Server, SCDPM, SCOM, Netscaler, XenApp, Xen Desktop, Citrix Provisioning Server, SCVMM
- Strong knowledge in area of services within DWP/SCCM/Citrix technology and infrastructure
- Deep knowledge in Software and Hardware behaviour
- Expertise in application integrations
- Strong knowledge in scripting such as SQL, WQL,, WMI, Powershell, VB script.
- Strong knowledge in OS role and services such as IIS, WSUS, DHCP, FnP, WDS, DFS, DNS, AD.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Windows Server & clients, SQL Database, Network infrastructure, HyperV Infrastructure and Storage,
- Strong knowledge in interaction of FAT Client, Thin Client, Mobile Devices .
- Expertise in virtualization: MS HyperV, VMware ESX, Citrix, MS Terminal Services, Xen App, Xen Desktop
- Expertise in area of SCDPM, SCOM, Netscaler, Azure, Intune, Citrix Provisioning Server, SCDPM, SCOM, Netscaler, XenApp, Xen Desktop, Citrix Provisioning Server , SCVMM