WE SHAPE THE DIGITAL WORLD TO BRING PEOPLE CLOSER TOGETHER – APPLY NOW!
Technical Architect (Phoenix)
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Saint-Petersburg, Russia
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Experience Required:
- 5 years and more
- Languages Required:
- English, Russian
- Functional Area:
- ICT / IT Development
We are looking for Architect to join the Phoenix project team.
Phoenix is a central portal for the mobile and fix-line operator Telekom Deutschland (www.telekom.de).
It provides sales & service processes for millions subscribers of mobile and land line networks.
Only telecommunication portal in Germany uses 100% responsive design over all platforms.
The main application is based on a multi-tier Java-architecture with few tens of Java/Spring-based REST-services on backend side, and JSP on web frontend side, implemented using HTML 5, CSS 3 and REACT.
For CI\CD we employ Gitlab CI, Docker, Openshift.
Development process is Scrum. The project size including development, testing, analysis is about 200 people located in St.Pete, Germany and Poland. In Russia, we have 7 scrum teams, each team consists of backend-, frontend-developers and testers, as well as integrators; for test automation we have a separate team. Product Owners and part of the analysts are in Germany. Practically all the scrum ceremonies are conducted in English by means of onsite/offsite conferencing. Roughly every 2rd month we travel to Germany for demos and panning’s.
The first version of the application went successfully live in December 2017. Next versions will bring even more new features to the user. The nearest delivery is scheduled for July 2019.
Spring, REST, ATG, Endeca Guided Search, Java 8, Jboss 6.1, Sitebuilder, 4.JSP with Freemarker Templates, Oracle DB, JUnit, Mockito, Gradle, GIT.
- Technical leadership of a developer team;
- Able to translate high level business requirements to appropriate architectural solutions;
- Communication with Product Managers and other stakeholders;
Participation in technical design, development and code reviews.
- Strong core Java development skills with experience of high and low level design, modelling and architecture;
- Experience with Java WEB development;
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes;
- Understanding of Microservices architecture and container-based infrastructure;
- Experience with REST, SOAP Services;
- Front end web technologies like HTML5, REACT;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Ability to respond strongly and positively to challenging work and deadlines;
- English: Intermediate, able to speak.
Good to have: Knowledge of Oracle Commerce (ATG), Experience with JBoss Application Server.
T-Systems is a part of Deutsche Telekom group - the leading European telecommunications provider. T-Systems has over 52,700 employees, active in about 20 countries worldwide. In Russia, T-Systems provides Software services: Design, Development, Testing, User Helpdesk and Maintenance. Since 1995, the Russian team develops complex projects for international companies: T-Mobile, Daimler, Volkswagen, DHL and many others.