Technical Lead - Sovereign Cloud (m/f/d)
- Provide technical direction and ongoing leadership for a department dedicated to build a completely new sovereign cloud platform fully based on Kubernetes technology
- Build technology roadmaps and functional objectives while ensuring the team understands the product strategy, technology roadmaps and the big picture
- Design and drive hands-on proof of concepts, pilots and technology evaluations
- Make sure the team adopts latest technology trends to build a future-proofed platform
- Shape the group-wide engineering culture along with other engineering heads to make sure that Telekom stays a developer friendly environment
- Ensure a seamless transition from delivered features and artifacts to operations
- Drive an open and hands-on culture, ideally you work on own small engineering projects to keep updated on latest technologies
- Interact with customers, maintain a continuous feedback-cycle
- Discussions on CxO level about the project status, roadmaps and strategical decisions
- Scale the engineering team by hiring new engineering talents and by motivating and growing your team further
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes and cloud architectures, hybrid and multi-cloud environments and their management
- Extensive knowledge of cloud solution architecture (at least for one hyperscaler cloud like AWS, GCP or Azure) and automation
- Experience in building and leading software engineering teams within a scaling organization – preferably in multi-cloud orchestration or Kubernetes native projects
- Experience with complex on premises setups, network, storage and configuration management
- Knowledge of SONiC, Ceph and KVM is a plus
- Fluency in at least one modern programming language like Node.js, GoLang or Kotlin
- Deep knowledge of CI/CD processes and Git
- Knowledge of at least one “glue language” like bash or Python
- Experience in Kubernetes development is a plus – preferably with the Kubernetes operator SDK or Kubebuilder
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English
- Strong customer focus when building and designing system
Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration.
What we offer
Flexible working hours
Room for professional and private challenges - with our flexible working time models, we offer the opportunity to work self-determined. Exactly as it suits life and your current situation.
Training offers and allowances
Lifelong learning is essential for us. Whether on site or digitally. We offer a wide range of further education opportunities - from seminars to part-time studies.
Well positioned for the future - we offer a company pension scheme and pay regular contributions into a personal pension account depending on the age and income of our employees.
Products and services at a discount - our employees receive discounts in the fixed network, Internet, mobile communications, TV and Smarthome sectors. Family and friends also benefit from many offers.
Health offers and insurance
The health of our employees is important to us. Therefore, we offer free health checks, regular preventive medical checkups as well as many (online) courses on health-related matters.
Our Online Application Process
With clicking "Apply now" your online application will get started.
Account available? Then simply sign in with e-mail address and password. If there is no account available yet, it can be created quickly by clicking on "Create an account".
Our application form can be filled out in a few minutes. Upload your documents, enter your personal data and answer some job-specific questions - and already the application can be sent.
We are pleased to have received your application. We will confirm the receipt by e-mail.