Deutsche Telekom has adapted its strategy and aligned it with a new vision for the future: Leading Digital Telco!
To become the Leading Digital Telco, we at Deutsche Telekom not only need a forward-looking digital portfolio for our customers but we also need to live digitalization internally - in our mindset, in processes and in the way we work together.
At the Center Strategic Projects, we are determined to transform Deutsche Telekom together with our clients. Therefore, our projects focus on strategically relevant topics such as digital leadership – a topic that is particularly driven by our practice “Organization & HR”.
For this article we used our broad network of well-recognized experts to put digital leadership in the spotlight, since it plays an important role in the transformation of Deutsche Telekom.
In particular, we talked to:
- Prof. Dr. Miriam Meckel, founding publisher of "ada", the digital platform for journalism and further education of Handelsblatt Media Group in Düsseldorf (http://www.miriammeckel.de/)
- Marcus Minzlaff, Management Consultant at HR Pioneers (https://hr-pioneers.com/hrp_team/marcus-minzlaff/)
- Reza Moussavian, VP People Products Zalando SE (https://www.linkedin.com/in/rezamou)
- Daniel Vonier, Leadership & Organizational Development Consultant, book author (https://www.linkedin.com/in/danielvonier)
And here is what we have learned:
Our key takeaways:
- Leadership remains an important and at the same time challenging role – no matter in which context
- A digital and software-oriented environment sets different requirements on leadership
- Collaboration, ability to reflect and adapt as well as a systemic approach are crucial success factors
After seeing diverse understandings of digital leadership, evaluations which kind of leadership is needed in a digital company and thoughts regarding success factors in a digital company, we are now curious about your opinion: what do you think about the experts' theses on (successful) digital leadership? Do we even need a distinction between digital and non-digital leadership? What will be the developments in leadership in the future?
Happy to exchange with you and thankful for the above-mentioned expert insights and for many more to come!