How to interpret the figures?
- All communication operator activities regarding Lawful Interception and Data Provisioning must be treated as confidential, therefore disclosing statistical data by Telekom Romania is unlawful.
- In addition to the above mentioned, telecommunications operators are not operationally involved in Lawful Interception activities so that Telekom Romania has no access to data regarding Lawful Interception.
- Unfortunately the result of a request to obtain an official authorization to publish statistical data was negative.
Legal basis for Lawful Interception activities and Data Provisioning
- Law 14/1992 regarding the organization of the Romanian intelligence Agency (i.e., Serviciul Roman de Informatii – SRI)
- Law 51/1991 regarding National Security
- Decision 338/2010 of the President of ANCOM (i.e., Romanian regulatory body)
- Law 508/2004 regarding the organization of DIICOT (department under the Public Ministry in charge with investigating the cases of organized crime and terrorism)
- Penal Procedural Code
- Law 235/2015 modifying The Law 506/2004 regarding the processing of the personal data and the protection of private life in the field of electronic communication.
Police Auhorities, Prosecuter’s office, Intelligence Agencies, Law court office, Fiscal authorities.