Makedonski Telekom, the leading national telco operator is part of Deutsche Telekom Group through its controlling owner Magyar Telekom since 2001.
The Telekom brand offers fixed, mobile, internet and TV services to consumers and ICT solutions to business and corporate customers within many years of experience and leadership on the market. It also constantly introduces international know-how, innovative solutions and cutting-edge technological trends.
The main focus of the company is put on continuous modernization of the network, as a basis for creation of innovative services and final objective - digitalization of the society.
To this end, and in accordance with the latest telecommunication trends, Makedonski Telekom is continuously focused on the modern-day needs and demands of their customers.
Makedonski Telekom AD
- Core business: Fixed-network telephony, mobile voice and data products and services, broadband Internet, IPTV products and services, ICT solutions
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 51.00 percent held by Magyar Telekom
- Employees: 1,168 (as of April 2018)
- Customers: 209 thousand fixed-line, 1,174 thousand mobile, 187,7 thousand DSL customers, 119,1 thousand IPTV customers (as of April 2018)
- Makedonski Telekom is the first company in Europe and in Deutsche Telekom Group with an ALL IP based network
- Makedonski Telekom is the only country in Deutsche Telekom with 100 percent 4G coverage
- According to most of the citizens of the Republic of Macedonia the mobile network of Makedonski Telekom is the best in the country (result from the independent network testing: agency “BRIMA” three years in a row: 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Makedonski Telekom is offering access to optics to around 27 percent of the households in Macedonia, as compared to the 17 percent of the households on a European level