Deutsche Telekom is present in Poland through its sole ownership of T-Mobile Polska S.A. and a local business unit of its information and communications technology services division, T-Systems. Deutsche Telekom also supports innovation in Central and Eastern Europe through their innovation center located in Krakow - hub:raum.
T-Mobile Poland is one of the largest companies in Poland, providing a full range of telecommunication services to both private and institutional customers. The T-Mobile brand offers mobile and fixed line telephone and Internet services via subscription, pre-paid and “mixed” tariff offers.
T-Mobile Polska S.A. replaced PTC S.A. (Polska Telefonia Cyfrowa), which existed on the market until May 2013. Since 1996 PTC, with its Era GSM brand (renamed T-Mobile in June 2011) has rapidly gained a position as one of Poland’s largest companies. After changing its name to T-Mobile, the company has continuously improved its market position. To meet customer needs, T-Systems in Poland delivers state-of-the-art systems integration services and network solutions.
T-Mobile Polska S.A.
- Core business: Fixed-network telephony, broadband Internet, mobile voice and data, and IPTV products and services
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 100.00 percent
- Customers: 15.7 million (as of December 31, 2014)
- Revenue: 1. 49 billion euros (as of December 31, 2014)
- Employees: 4, 641 (as of December 31, 2014)
- An innovation leader on the Polish market, T-Mobile Poland is making major inroads on the mobile payment market with the MyWallet service using NFC technology and was the first operator there to launch the Firefox OS.
- Thanks to the most modern, completely upgraded network infrastructure, T-Mobile Polska covers nearly 100% of Poland’s population with its 3G network and more than half of the population with the 4G LTE network. T-Mobile using its best-quality network provides Wi-Fi internet access for trains' passengers traveling on routes between Warsaw and other major cities of Poland, as well as on selected international routes.
- In 2014, T-Mobile has extended its involvement in projects related to the financial market, starting a cooperation with Alior Bank with the market launch of its completely new brand of T-Mobile Banking Services.
- At the beginning of June 2014, GTS Central Europe formally joint the Deutsche Telekom Group. As a result, GTS Poland and T-Mobile Polska initiated the integration process that is aimed at combining the expert knowledge and solutions of GTS on the business market with technologies and state-of-the-art telecommunication infrastructure of T-Mobile. Combined companies create a new quality on the market, and aspire to become the top supplier of integrated telecommunications and tele-information services to business and wholesale clients in Poland.
- T-Mobile Polska is nationwide one of the best-known sponsors of major cultural, sports, educational, and charity initiatives. Some of the most important projects include the “T-Mobile New Horizons” film festival, sponsorship of top-class “T-Mobile Ekstraklasa” football matches, and the “Pomoc Mierzona Kilometrami” CR project. The company has received numerous awards and prizes for their sponsorship activities.
- In 2015 T-Mobile Polska has received Top Employers Institute's certification of "Best Employer in Poland" for the 6th time in a row. The company was rankedfirst for the highest quality of employment policy.
T-Systems Polska Sp.z o.o.
- Core business: Information and communications technology services
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 100.00 percent.