Linux System Administrator (Debrecen)
- Deutsche Telekom Systems Solutions Hungary Kft.
- Debrecen, Hungary
- Job level:
- Employment type:
- Full Time - Regular
- Application Deadline:
- Functional Area:
- Other positions of interest
- This person is responsible for maintaining the operational status of Linux OS-based servers and appliances and will work closely with other members of the IT Operations department.
- The duties of this position are to provide broad spectrum Linux support to complex enterprise solutions:
- Under general supervision, performs installations and upgrades, conducts day-to-day operational maintenance and provides support for various Linux servers.
- Investigating and responding to alerts generated by the various monitoring systems.
- Evaluating and implementing potential new tools and technologies.
- Mentor and direct junior staff in the course of daily assignments to promote a collaborative learning environment.
- BSc in Information Technology, Economic , technical field or equivalent work experience
- Fluent English language skills
- Experience in IT field , and support of UNIX systems
- Strong commitment to process, and understanding of security, change and configuration management principle.
- Required to work both independently and collaboratively to address incidents, problems
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols in a server environment
- Experience in ITIL
- German language skills
IT Services Hungary is the biggest ICT service company in Hungary, subsidiary of T-Systems International. As an important member of the international T-Systems network IT Services Hungary is the most dynamic IT service centers in Hungary which won the Investor of the Year Award in 2008. Within a broad portfolio of ICT consultation services, ITSH concentrates on the management and outsourcing of IT solutions, and also development and system integration. The company continuously develops its sites in Budapest and Debrecen, and provides job opportunities for IT professionals.