Telekom Deutschland GmbH, T-Systems International GmbH
How to interpret the Figures?
- The stated amounts represent the total volume of lines intercepted and data records provided. Beside the statistic each telecommunication operator must provide an automated interface with basic data such as name, address and phone number according to Telecommunication Act § 176.
- According to Article 10 Act (Artikel 10 Gesetz - G10) we also have to provide specific data to the Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND). The amount of these data is not included in the above figures.
Legal Basis for Lawful Interception and Data Provisioning
- German Telecommunication Act (Telekommunikationsgesetz - TKG) §170 ff.
- German Code of Criminal Procedure (Strafprozessordnung - StPO) § 100a, 100g, 100j, 161a
- German Federal Intelligence Service Act (BND-Gesetz) and Article 10 Act (Artikel 10 Gesetz - G10)
- German Copyright Act (Urheberrechtsgesetz - UrhG) § 101.
- Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs), including but not limited to Police Authorities (national and federal)
- Intelligence Agencies (national and federal)