Member of the Supervisory Board since April 22, 2015, appointed until the shareholders' meeting 2020, Former CEO & President of Carl Zeiss AG, Oberkochen, Germany and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Karlsruher Instituts für Technologie (KIT), Karlsruhe, Germany.
Year of birth: 1957
Place of birth: Greiz
Education and training:
Expertise/Professional focal points:
Strategic corporate development, research and technology in the fields of optoelectronics and photonics, innovation management and value-based management, broad business management experience. Since 2009: Adjunct professor at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, guest lecturer at renowned international research and education institutions. 2014: Appointed to the German Council of Science and Humanities.
Seats on the Deutsche Telekom supervisory bodies:
- Audit Committee
Seats on the supervisory bodies of other companies:
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Jena, Chairman of the Supervisory Board*
- Carl Zeiss Microscopy GmbH, Jena, Chairman of the Supervisory Board*
- Carl Zeiss Industrielle Messtechnik GmbH, Oberkochen, Chairman of the Supervisory Board*
- Carl Zeiss SMT GmbH, Oberkochen, Chairman of the Supervisory Board*
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Düsseldorf
- Robert Bosch GmbH, Suttgart
Member of comparable supervisory bodies of companies in Germany or abroad:
- Carl Zeiss Inc., Thornwood, USA, Chairman of the Board of Directors*
- Carl Zeiss India (Bangalore) Private Ltd., Bangalore, India, Chairman of the Board of Directors*
- Carl Zeiss Pte. Ltd., Singapore, Singapore, Member of the Board of Directors*
- Carl Zeiss Pty. Ltd., North Ryde, Australia, Chairman of the Board of Directors*
- Carl Zeiss Pty. Ltd., Randburg, South Africa, Chairman of the Board of Directors*
* Supervisory board seats in companies that are part of the same group, as defined in § 100 (2) Sentence 2 AktG (German Stock Corporation Act).