Member of the Supervisory Board since April 22, 2015, appointed until the shareholders' meeting 2025, Former CEO & President of Carl Zeiss AG, Oberkochen, Germany and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Karlsruher Instituts für Technologie (KIT), Karlsruhe, Germany.
Year of birth: 1957
Place of birth: Greiz
Education and training:
Expertise/Professional focal points:
Strategic corporate development, research and technology in the fields of optoelectronics and photonics, innovation management and value-based management, broad business management experience. Since 2009: Adjunct professor at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, guest lecturer at renowned international research and education institutions. 2014: Appointed to the German Council of Science and Humanities.
Seats on the Deutsche Telekom supervisory bodies:
- Audit Committee
Seats on the supervisory bodies of other companies:
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Jena, Chairman of the Supervisory Board*
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Dusseldorf
- Robert Bosch GmbH, Stuttgart
Member of comparable supervisory bodies of companies in Germany or abroad:
- Carl Zeiss Far East Co., Ltd., Hong Kong, China, Chairman of the Board of Directors*
- Carl Zeiss India (Bangalore) Private Ltd., Bangalore, India, Chairman of the Board of Directors*
- Carl Zeiss Pte. Ltd., Singapore, Singapore, Member of the Board of Directors*
- Carl Zeiss (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., Shanghai, China, Member of the Board of Directors*
Member of supervisory boards in Germany required to be formed by law outside of business enterprises:
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Karlsruhe, corporation under public law (not a commercial enterprise within the meaning of § 100 (2) sentence 1 no. 1 AktG), Chairman
* Supervisory board seats in companies that are part of the same group, as defined in § 100 (2) Sentence 2 AktG (German Stock Corporation Act).