Magyar Telekom ist der Hauptanbieter von Telekommunikationsdiensten in Ungarn. Das Unternehmen bietet eine breite Palette von Leistungen in den Bereichen Telekommunikation (TK) und Informations- und Kommunikationstechnologie (ICT) an: Festnetz- und Mobilfunk-Dienste, Datenkommunikation und Non-Voice-Dienste sowie IT- und Systemintegrationsdienste.
Magyar Telekom also offers diverse innovative solutions covering both its core business and non-core segments like insurance and energy. It also operates successful R+D programs like T-City and Kitchen Budapest.
Subsidiaries in Hungary: T-Systems Hungary Zrt. (owned 100 percent by Magyar Telekom) provides SI/IT services to enterprise customers.
International subsidiaries: Magyar Telekom is the majority owner of Makedonski Telekom, the leading fixed line and mobile operator in Macedonia and it holds a majority stake in Crnogorski Telekom, the leading telecommunications operator in Montenegro. Through its subsidiaries in Bulgaria (Novatel Bulgaria) and in Romania (Combridge), Magyar Telekom is a key wholesale provider in the SEE region.
Magyar Telekom Plc.
- Core business: Fixed-line and mobile voice and broadband data, Internet, IPTV and CATV, ICT and SI products and services
- Stake held by DT (indirectly): 59.21 percent
- Employees: 10.357 (as of March 31, 2016)
- Revenue: 656.342 billion HUF / 2,08 billion EUR (in 2015)
- Customers (end of 2015): 5,5 million mobile customers; 1,46 million voice customers; 994.000 retail broadband customers; 960.000 TV customers
Highlights in 2015:
- Magyar Telekom and Telenor Hungary entered into a cooperation agreement for the joint development and operation of their 4G networks. The main goal of the agreement is to provide 4G coverage and 4G mobile Internet for customers in rural areas as early as possible. As a result Telekom increased its nationwide residential 4G coverage to 97% i.e. almost complete by the end of 2015.
- Magyar Telekom acquired 100% stake in the alternative ICT provider GTS Hungary from Deutsche Telekom. With the transaction completed in April Magyar Telekom has further strengthened its positions in the business services market.
- Magyar Telekom and MET signed an agreement in March to establish an equally shared joint venture that provides gas and electricity services for business customers. E2 Hungary will enter the market of business energy services with favourable terms and competitive offers on January 1, 2016. As of this date, Magyar Telekom’s B2B energy service operations were transferred to the new company.
- Magyar Telekom has signed in May an agreement to build the company's new headquarters and take a long-term lease on it. According to plans the company will relocate in the second half of 2018 to its new operating center to be built in the spirit of sustainability, which will meet the 21 st century requirements. The construction works are to begin in the first quarter of 2016.
- Magyar Telekom signed an agreement in December to sell its 100% shareholding in Origo Zrt. to New Wave Media Kft. The transaction is in line with Magyar Telekom’s increased strategic focus on its core business and on further strengthening its free cash flow generation.
- In 2015 Telekom’s fixed line broadband internet service became available to further 440,000 households. As a result of developments Telekom’s high speed internet coverage increased to more than 2.2 million homes, and in line with Telekom’s goals, the broadband service coverage of rural regions improved significantly.
- Magyar Telekom received a prestigious ranking in the 4G download speeds and coverage of the OpenSignal global survey, it has been acknowledged as the world’s ninth, and Europe’s third fastest 4G service providing operator.
IT Services Hungary Szolgáltató Kft.
ITSH is the Hungarian subsidiary and an important member of T-Systems International. The company is Hungary’s leading employer in the ICT industry.
Its main activities are systems integration and IT outsourcing, however it also offers a full-scope of software and hardware platform SAP system services, remote and local server operation services, network management as well as network supervision services. Its product portfolio, based on state of the art technology, covers the following areas:
- Concept elaboration
- Supervision of IT systems
- Development of IT applications and systems
- Core business: Information, communications and technology services
- Stake held by DT (indirectly/directly): 100.00 percent
- Employees: 3900 (in December 31 2014)
- ITSH introduced the pioneering Location Based Mobile Marketing solution to Hungary in September 2014.
- ITSH became the winner of "Best Employer of the Year" category in the European Business Awards contest in Hungary in 2014.