Telekom Deutschland GmbH, T-Systems International GmbH
How to interpret the figures?
- The stated amounts represent the total volume of lines intercepted and data records provided. Beside the following statistic each telecommunication operator must provide an automated interface with basic data such as name, address and phone number according to Telecommunication Act § 112.
- According to Article 10 Act we also have to provide specific data to the Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND). The amount of these data is not included in the amount stated below.
Legal basis for Lawful Interception activities and Data Provisioning
- The German Telecommunication Act (Telekommunikationsgesetz - TKG) § 113
- German Code of Criminal Procedure (Strafprozessordnung - StPO) § 100a, 100g, 100j,161a
- Article 10 Act (Artikel 10 Gesetz - G10), incl. National Security Service
- German Copyright Act (Urheberrechtsgesetz - UrhG) § 101.