First quarter 2017
An attractive dividend, the Group's competitiveness and strong market positions are some reasons to invest in Deutsche Telekom shares.
- Dividend growth: Increasing dividend per share of 10% from 55ct to 60ct for the fiscal year 2016 (payout in June 2016; subject to approaval by the Annual General Meeting). In 2015 we gave an outlook for the years 2015 to 2018: we promised a minimum pay-out of 50ct per share and growth of dividends in line with free cash flow growth. We have delivered on these promises for 2015 and 2016 and are well on track for 2017.
- High reliability: Dividend commitments have been fulfilled in the past, despite a sometimes difficult market environment.
- Tax-free payout: The dividend for the 2015 financial year will be paid out without deduction of the German capital gains tax.
- Advantageous investment: Optional payout of the dividend for the 2016 financial year in the form of new shares. Steadily rising acceptance rate in the last three years (2013: 38%, 2014: 45%, 2015: 48%).
- You can find all further information on the dividend here.
- Revenue: Growing – by an annual average rate of +1 to +2% from 2014 to 2018.
- Cost base: Falling – not only in terms of the ratio of costs to revenue, but also in absolute terms (amount of costs in €). The exception is the United States, where business is growing strongly.
- Adjusted EBITDA: Growing – by an annual average rate of +2 to +4% from 2014 to 2018.
- Free cash flow: Growing – by an annual average rate of +10% from 2014 to 2018.
- Adjusted earnings per share: Growing – from € 0.54 in 2014 to around € 1 in 2018.
- Continuous investment in core business: Capital expenditure will grow by an annual average rate of +1 to +2% from 2014 to 2018.
- You can find all further information on the outlook here.
- Germany: Excellent positioning in the domestic market as an integrated provider of fixed-network and mobile services. Winner of all major quality awards. With Magenta1, Deutsche Telekom offers attractive packages combining mobile and fixed-network services.
- United States: Outstanding development of U.S. business. T-Mobile US is the fastest growing wireless company in the United States as a result of its innovative Un-carrier strategy, successful management team, excellent network quality and, consequently, a sharply improved positioning of the T-Mobile brand.
- Key European markets: Strong market positions in combination with a clear strategy.
- A management team that proactively addresses challenges and develops a value-oriented investment portfolio, for example in the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Attractive returns for equity providers.
- Balance sheet ratios within the target range for debt lenders.Fully funded for more than 24 months. Maturity profile with no concentration of credit risk.
- You can find all further information on the finance strategy here.
- Our investor relations efforts have been top-rated for the past few years in Europe: In 2016, our IR work was No. 1 for the third consecutive year in the latest Extel survey across all industries and countries. Deutsche Telekom was also the winner of the German Investor Relations Award.
- Our Annual Reports won multiple awards in 2016 and the previous years.
- You can find all further information on the awards for financial communication here.
Latest Investor Relations publications
Invitation and documents
Capital Markets Day 2015
Deutsche Telekom hosted the Capital Markets Day 2015 on February 26th and 27th at its headquarters in Bonn.
Webinar: Cloud Strategy
Cloud computing has created a paradigm shift in IT as data, processing power and IT applications are increasingly moving onto the net.
The next Investor Relations events in detail
You have questions about the Telekom Share, financial reports or similar topics? Contact us!