Full year results 2008
Deutsche Telekom asserted its position in the third quarter of 2008 despite the difficult market environment.
- Reported revenue declined by 1.5 percent to EUR 15.5 billion.
- At EUR 5.3 billion, the Group's adjusted EBITDA was up 2.4 percent on the previous year.
- Adjusted net profit rose by 12.0 percent to EUR 1.2 billion.
- Free cash flow declined by 38.4 percent compared with the third quarter of 2007 to EUR 2.2 billion.
- The number of mobile customers increased by 8.3 percent to a total of 126.7 million.
- The number of broadband lines increased year-on-year by 11.2 percent to 14.8 million
Reported revenue declined by three percent to EUR 30.1 billion. At EUR 9.5 billion, the Group's adjusted EBITDA was down only 0.5 percent on the previous year. Adjusted net profit rose by 21.9 percent to EUR 1.4 billion. Free cash flow increased by 58.2 percent compared with the first half of 2007 to EUR 3.6 billion.
Deutsche Telekom has got off to a sound start in the 2008 financial year with its first-quarter results.
Adjusted EBITDA of the Group remained stable at EUR 4.7 billion compared with the prior-year figure. Reported EBITDA of EUR 5.0 billion came in 9.1 percent above the previous year's figure. Reported net profit increased year-on-year by EUR 0.5 billion to EUR 0.9 billion for the first quarter of 2008. Net profit adjusted for special factors increased by 33.2 percent to
EUR 0.75 billion.
Download relevant Excel spreadsheets:
The next Investor Relations events in detail